For Sale San Diego, CA 1988 Toyota Landcruiser FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Truck is in good overall shape, and mechanically sorted, it currently has 328,4XX miles. It was my daily driver for the past 3 years and was always maintained to be driven constantly. I have $6000+ of receipts from the past 3 years of my ownership, and it needs nothing at the moment. I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it across the country. It's been a California truck its whole life, and is wearing its original paint beyond a rough right rear quarter. The 3FE runs strong, the transmission shifts smoothly, AC Blows ice cold, and everything works as it should. Very capable and a ton of fun off-road.

Highlights of the work performed:
Fully new cooling system using OEM Toyota Parts. Radiator/Water Pump/Thermostat/All new hoses throughout the Engine Bay.
Brand New Brake Rotors and Pads in the front, Drums and Drum Pads in the rear, and brake fluid flushed 1,000 miles ago.
New CA-Approved Catalytic Converters and Muffler installed in 2018 and still under warranty.
Injectors redone and flow tested/matched by Witchhunter Performance. Replaced all gaskets along the way getting there, as well as new plugs/wiring.
Replaced Spark Plugs, Plug Wires, Cap and Rotor, all Vacuum lines.
New OEM Throttle Position Sensor.
AC Converted to R134A, Extensive cleaning of Condenser, brand new Blower Motor.
New Battery in 07/2017.
Headunit replaced with Pioneer Wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto unit. Rear view camera and front view camera (great for spotting yourself off-road) installed in conjunction.
Window/Lock switch in driver door replaced with Doctor Switch unit with a lifetime warranty (allows all windows and locks to function, a rarity on an FJ62 Landcruiser).
16" Lodio Drive (SSR) 3 Spoke Wheels with Nitto Trail Grappler 33" Tires with tons of life left. Steel 16" Spare with matching 33" Trail Grappler mounted under the truck. I also have the full set of five factory 15" wheels that will be included with the truck.

And much much more, I kept receipts for nearly everything I did, as well as what is listed above and those will be included with the truck.

Cosmetically it has some issues, but it represents well overall. It was recently clayed/polished/waxed. Body has some minor dents/dings, but still shines up well as Toyota single stage white tends to. Right rear quarter was bumped at some point in its life and the resprayed paint is rough on it. Has mild corrosion in the drip rails as these trucks tend to, and one spot on the rear hatch. Underneath the truck and on the rest of the body it is corrosion free as you would expect from a California truck, and seems to have not spent any time around snow/salt. When I first got it I had planned to concentrate on the visual side of things more, but feel the charm of the FJ62 is its capability off-road, and quickly found more joy in that.

Mechanically the truck is very sorted as talked about above, as I was using it as my daily driver. Everything on the truck works, high/low shifts in easily on the transfer case, locking hubs, all features, all lighting, all gauges, even the power antenna etc etc. The only current feature I am aware of not working is the power mirrors, as they were replaced with manual units to combat the freeway mirror shake the power mirrors are plagued with. The truck does drop a spot of oil per night at the moment, and some suspension bushings could use a refresh, although are fine as is. Next on my list was an Old Man Emu lift, and I planned to replace the bushings/steering components when doing so.

It’s a very solid truck ready to continue being loved and driven. Have a bunch more photos I can send upon request, and happy to answer any other questions.

Asking $14,900. I have the Clean California Title in hand. Not interested in trades. My name is Jeremy and I can be reached via phone/text at 404.432.8859 or emailed to jeremymwhittle@gmail.com.

e5sN928.jpg

dVCtutX.jpg

aOzpQQU.jpg

9lshjWp.jpg

FprV9As.jpg

LgCcyU7.jpg

0fauZXi.jpg

vtH6qgm.jpg

Jv5y8i4.jpg

F4MMkNM.jpg

hV5EBjG.jpg

KDtbVh5.jpg

4OLDwpe.jpg

TI9l3Fd.jpg

cHFcMVD.jpg

I recognize this truck - for anyone that doesn't, this truck was featured in a Stanceworks article early on in Mike's days w/ his new engine swap.

Beautiful FJ62 - wish it was around when I was searching for mine, would be a much better platform for me to start on than the piece of junk I picked up. Love the classic wheels. GLWS.

What's next for you? A different 4x4?

Yep! Just picked up a 2011 G55 AMG. A bit better suited for daily driving and still very capable off-road.

Congrats! Hell of a platform for sure!

I noticed this truck is being sold again by the new owner, that was fast I wonder what happened? Says the seller is located in Culver city California.

Looks to be the same. Basically a copy/past of the first post in this thread but new (worse quality) pictures and about the same price. But then the name is different (Damon). Mighty suspicious.

Hey guys, the ad is legitimate. Damon bought the truck from me to be his new daily driver after driving new Tacomas for over 10 years. He expressed interest in V8 swapping it, re-painting it, redoing the interior etc. After getting the truck he reached out to get quotes for these items, and the engine swap in particular was more than he was expecting I think and I don’t think was clear on the emissions headaches there.

We’ve been in communication after the fact, and he seems to be a stand up guy, just perhaps not as deep into cars as some of us. I don’t think he had much experience with FJ62 and with the 3FE isn’t quite what he wanted out of a daily, which I can sympathize with. To my knowledge he hasn’t done anything else to the truck so my ad should be relevant, as well as my photos for condition reference.

Ok cool, I was and still actually interested but waiting on some money to come in first, I was bummed when you sold it but if everything works out this can be my second chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom