craigslist San Diego 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have any knowledge on this cruiser for sale in SD? I've seen it posted for awhile, and at one point several weeks ago I saw the post was "flagged for removal" which makes me suspicious. But looks like a nice rig if everything checks out.

I just came here to post this. Not mine and I know nothing about it.

I think it’s a scam. I texted the guy a couple of weeks ago asking if it’s still available and he replied yes it is. I asked to set up a time to see it and never heard back from him.

I’m not in town this weekend, but if anyone needs someone to go and check it out, let me know 😊 I live in sandy eggo

I think it’s a scam. I texted the guy a couple of weeks ago asking if it’s still available and he replied yes it is. I asked to set up a time to see it and never heard back from him.
I texted the sellers number a few weeks ago too, and same thing. Tried to set up a call or meet and never got a response. The price was also 25000 a few weeks ago. Fishy

Its been for sale for over a year now. If you search hard enough, another member posted this ad 6-7 months ago. 100% scam

First post - I am in SD and was pretty excited to purchase this LC. Seller is definitely odd, which raised some red flags. The odo reads 64k, seller says he is the original and only owner, and the truck is pretty clean. But CarFax and CarCheck both report mileage as 224,660 and at least 4 prior owners. Seller says it’s a mistake.

Any possible non-fraudulent explanation you can think of? Seems like odometer fraud to me.

First post - I am in SD and was pretty excited to purchase this LC. Seller is definitely odd, which raised some red flags. The odo reads 64k, seller says he is the original and only owner, and the truck is pretty clean. But CarFax and CarCheck both report mileage as 224,660 and at least 4 prior owners. Seller says it’s a mistake.

Any possible non-fraudulent explanation you can think of? Seems like odometer fraud to me.
The numbers of the owners can be easily explained. For example, I am the second owner on my rig. But if you run carfax I'll be the 4th.

This is because the 1st owner was the father who was leasing the vehicle, the 2nd owner is when the father again, he did a lease-buyout, the third owner was his son when he transfer ownership to him.

So technically its a two family-owned vehicle. The son provided me the original contract, paperwork, etc.

Mileage miles is a different story, if it is off by a few hundred miles, most likely it is due to human error. But with the rig that is listed....it is a total scam. I would stay away.

Scam, had a buddy of mine in SDcall him a few times with no response. He did respond to me once saying he was the original owner but said he didn’t have a copy of the carfax.

So what's the scam? He posts the ad, but never gets back to people? How does he actually scam money from ppl which is the ultimate goal.

The truck is not what it’s represented to be so the scam is to get someone to pay more than it is worth. Possibly it is stolen or salvaged and somehow they swapped VINs with a clean title but high-mileage truck. The scam is fishing for someone who gets excited about a “good deal” and pays cash without doing any due diligence only to discover later that they were sold a pig in a poke. The seller gets spooked by people who ask too many questions. By contrast, I just asked to see the truck. I then started asking the hard questions when we met in person.

What’s strange is that the truck itself is actually really nice and is probably worth $10-$12k, even with the high mileage and multiple owners. That’s why it seems like a lot of effort and wasted time for a few grand more. My best guess it that it’s stolen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom