Wanted San Antonio TX What size screws for side vent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trippster

SILVER Star
Threads
1968 FJ40
Anyone know what size screw for side vent? I’m guessing flat head machine screw?
SOR also show 6 washers with teeth.

Thank you

Ben

A9EA1374-4F4F-407D-93C6-04A88287A8AE.jpeg

9B81F952-0D33-4F4B-8662-3559A7097613.jpeg

Factory lists part number 93230-15014. Qty 6 of JIS (Jap. Ind. Std.) M5-0.90 x 14 Oval Head machine screws.
Later screws would be ISO pitch: M5-0.80.

Folks that could not find replacements often butchered-up the captive nuts using the incorrect-pitch machine screws. And while the coned tooth washers may hold screws more firmly, they also scratch beautiful paint jobs !

HTH

There are whole threads dedicated to this exact screw.

Factory lists part number 93230-15014. Qty 6 of JIS (Jap. Ind. Std.) M5-0.90 x 14 Oval Head machine screws.
Later screws would be ISO pitch: M5-0.80.

Folks that could not find replacements often butchered-up the captive nuts using the incorrect-pitch machine screws. And while the coned tooth washers may hold screws more firmly, they also scratch beautiful paint jobs !

HTH
Vent, external toothed lock washers, and oval head screws were originally installed before the paint job. Thus no scratching of paint. ( when I get a job at Pebble Beach as a Mecum judge, I will notice some non factory details) until then , carry on.

Yep, I found out the hard way withe the coned tooth washer. I scratched up my new paint on door hinge. Rrrrrrr%

Thank you,

Ben

Remember, Grasshopper, as Obi Pardion has cautioned:

The Pebble Beach Concours Manual requires the original Japanese air in each tire as well as forensically verifying the presence of assembly line fingerprints of any and all assemblers. Anything contrary and you're vehicle is but an imposter !

Look away, Ben, shield your eyes, for I will be forgoing toothed washers on a shiny new paint job ! I will be the dreaded PO--Previous Obstructionist. Ha !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom