Suzuki Samurai Leg Room? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been intrigued by the Samauri for quite a while. I moved recently and a neighbor has a Samauri in his driveway with weeds growing up around it. Considering asking him about it.

Before doing so I have a question: I'm 6'4" and 250 lb and would like to know how practical it is to relocate the front seat farther to the rear.

Thanks

I've been intrigued by the Samauri for quite a while. I moved recently and a neighbor has a Samauri in his driveway with weeds growing up around it. Considering asking him about it.

Before doing so I have a question: I'm 6'4" and 250 lb and would like to know how practical it is to relocate the front seat farther to the rear.

Thanks

The samurai's aren't terribly roomy, but I'm 5"11 and was able to drive one just fine. My buddy who was 6"1 had a sidekick and never had any issues driving it other than the horrible cable driven clutch...that thing was impossible to press in!

I don't think you'd have an issue fitting in it/moving the seat back to whereever you want.

As a 6'6" guy who thinks samurais are pretty neat, I figured out that, apparently, there are some tabs on the seat rails that can be bent for an extra 3-4" of leg room over stock...it just means literally zero room behind you in the back seat. Ironically, that means it's super easy to get way more room than in a CJ5, which means serious sheet metal mods to the rear wheel wells if you want to move the seats back any further. Definitely feeling like a sami would be a fun rig to do the things my 60 is too big and thirsty for. Maybe even build one to be legal on ATV/UTV trails.

Thanks

How do you manage with the 60? I had to mod my 62 seat brackets to make it comfortable at 6'5".

With Samurai, possibly more leg room than a stock 60 series, and apparently easy to modify for even more.

How do you manage with the 60? I had to mod my 62 seat brackets to make it comfortable at 6'5".

With Samurai, possibly more leg room than a stock 60 series, and apparently easy to modify for even more.

I had to do two fairly simple mods: risers out of square tube to move the seat a few inches back on the rails, and spacers made out of 3/16" barstock to raise the front mounts about 1.5", to tilt the seat front up and reduce the angle of my ankles on the pedals (and support my legs better).

That took it from guaranteed leg/ankle pain after any drive over an hour to being able to do 8 hours in the driver's seat and still feel limber enough to go for a hike right after the drive. There's some room for improvement, so I'd ultimately love to get some BMW/PT Cruiser/whatever seats in there, but, realistically, it's Good Enough. My shorter friends can even still fit behind me when I'm driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom