Salt River - Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sj

Threads
Last weekend Jared, Sterling, and I and my brother in law went quail hunting north of Globe to the Salt River. I took my LC and Sterling took his new stock 80. Jared was worried his cement slab might be gone if he took his 55. We took the 60 north to FSR 303. We took the side rd 645 looking for quial. We got back to 303 and took it down to 303B and down to the Salt. The road was very easy until the last mile or two as it went down into the Salt. After getting to the bottom we camped and chased what few quail there were. It was nice to see the Salt free flowing. There were a couple of side roads on the bottom. We looked but couldn't find the road to cross the Salt onto the Res. I called and it is a $10 fee per person to drive on the Res. The maps show the road crossing and there was a Forest Service sign also with a map showing the road crossing. We wanted to cross and then come back to the Cherry creek rd. We talked about going back but this time crossing the the Salt River Canyon and taking the rd all the way through the res to Cherry Creek( I think this is was Phill was talking about at one of our Friday meetings.) Anyone up for a drive. Leaving the canyon back on 303B was a little nerve racking. I wasn't going to stop for quial or any other snakes. See picutures! All in all it was a fun trip with very little quial success.
sterling w king snake(a).jpg
sale river 3(a).jpg
sterlings lc(a).jpg

Sounds like a good time. Sterling get that shirt when he won the big one? So is the Cherry creek road out on the res side? Do you need to get the permit up front or can you pay when caught?

ahhhh a stick to hold a mtn king,,how sweet ;p what a nice looking day for cruisin, hope ya had fun.

I drove over the king snake so he was pissed. He kept striking at everything that moved. Hence the stick!

Sean

BMAN said:
Sounds like a good time. Sterling get that shirt when he won the big one? So is the Cherry creek road out on the res side? Do you need to get the permit up front or can you pay when caught?

Get caugt on the res without a permit and you'll pay all right. Depending on the mood of the enforcer. I got caught once and the guy gave me a ticket and took my lawn chairs to be sure I paid it. He still has them, the ticket and the drive to pay it was worth more than the chairs. I'm just thankful he didn't take my camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom