Salt - Best Practices (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Back in chemistry class, everything was quantified that could be. So, you have mass, heat, volume, time, etc. all these things are observable, and might get factored in, it is more complex than just tasting brine. My food for thought question is how long does it take for your truck to dry out?

Parked under a tree, vs parked in the American Southwest sun, or winter garage humidity... My barn/shed has considerable humidity, no floor, under a shade tree, and with the frequency of precipitation events, I'd imagine that there are parts of a truck that never are dry if I could actually park my truck in it. Places like under the floor mats, and inside the shackle bushings could be perennial water sources even if in the desert. If you have all your glass or soft top, you have this really intense greenhouse if parked in the sun, where the brackish puddles in the rain gutter/ drip rail dry before 3 pm. instead of next week when in the garage. Same thing with the garage? Does it have windows, is it heated, etc. Currently my vehicles live outside, and although it is dry, more of the time I experience a small precipitation event about once or three times a week; this year was a mosquito year..

Add time to your salt recipes. For me, the truck is aging better than I am, and I'm doing pretty good - not bragging, just grateful.

Whatever, then just take my keys for the afternoon. Fill up the tank and tires when you are done.

20221214_164955.jpg

Some of us don't have your levels of disposable income. 😆
What I intended to message was that anyone is welcome to tippy toe thru the back roads in my neighborhood to get to pure snow and soil. Sensible, not taking it up to the ski area everyday, but, if my truck gets wet out here, it will dry. The only problem is when you wash it at the car wash, I get quite a bit of mud and water in the interior - rain is fine, but, every seam leaks aside from the cowl, minor inconvenience. I consider 16 and 22g weldable sheet very disposable.

What I intended to message was that anyone is welcome to tippy toe thru the back roads in my neighborhood to get to pure snow and soil. Sensible, not taking it up to the ski area everyday, but, if my truck gets wet out here, it will dry. The only problem is when you wash it at the car wash, I get quite a bit of mud and water in the interior - rain is fine, but, every seam leaks aside from the cowl, minor inconvenience. I consider 16 and 22g weldable sheet very disposable.

I'm just poking fun.

Corrosion is something that has shown itself all over the country. I live in Arizona and even an old 1965 FJ45 had a bed full of pine needles and debris , and the corrosion was under the lifelong debris. Not to bad because moisture here is still low compared to other places. So, that manual from Datsun pated was correct. Do not blanket metal corners , radius as they will promote corrasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom