Saline march trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Due to a change in plans, I am in Joshua Tree this weekend, which means I did not make it out to Saline. I am open to joining you guys next month. I will most probably head in during the day on Thursday, but I have not ruled out going thru Racetrack and Lippencott, which I heard suggested at the meeting. For this, I would need to know where you are thinking of camping Thursday night.

Also, I plan to do a day hike into one of the canyons on the west side of the valley Saturday morning. You all are welcome to join me, and if you have any preferences for which one you'd like to explore, let me know.

I will try to make it to the March meeting.

Best

Mark

Well, as Danny, Samuel, Sergio, Doug and Tamara can attest, Saline was a BLAST!:eek:

I got into the valley just after noon on Thursday, and got camp set up before the storm came in. The more I thought about Danny and Samuel coming in thru Steel Pass, the sorrier I felt for them, as the storm was definitely stronger the further north you went. The wind pretty much came in with the storm, and didn't leave again for three days.:frown: I heard the guys roll in around midnight, and it didn't sound like they had come down from 'the top'.

Friday I tried to motivate the others to take a hike with me, but to no avail. I crossed a number of gullies to et to the hillside and made my way up to the peace sign. From that vantage point, I could see a number of small paths in the area. I took one of the more intriguing ones, only to find myself in the middle of a half dozen Indian sleep circles.:cool: Well worth the effort.

Called out to civilization around 4pm only to find that Doug and Tamara were only in Lancaster. I told them the good news was...they had missed the storm! The big surprise was when they eventually rolled into camp...AT 5:30 IN THE MORNING!!!
Even in my groggy state, I realized that meant they had made their maiden voyage over the pass IN THE DARK! :eek::eek::eek:

Come to the meeting for the rest of the story.;p

I missed that trip as well....
Hope to make it to the next meeting as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom