SOLD Saint Augustine, FL 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 All-wheel Drive (No Lockers) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
St. Augustine Beach, Florida 32080 United States
Mileage
Color
Green
1995 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 Emerald Green (Dark Green) Exterior and Gray interior. 92,000 original miles.
I purchased this vehicle on April 29, 1996 from Springfield Toyota an authorized Toyota dealership in Springfield, VA 26-years ago where I used to live. The vehicle was sold as a Certified Used Car with a price tag of $44,000.00 I was provided with a CLEAR Virginia Title. In Jan 2, 2001 I retired and moved to Florida where I registered the vehicle and again I was provided with a CLEAR FL. Title. The vehicle has never been involved in any major accidents while in my possession except for two minor ones.
The first one my vehicle was hit while parked outside a restaurant by someone trying to park his car, it didn't cause much damage, in fact the scratches were removed with rubbing compound. The second one, a woman hit my car while coming out of a driveway, again, no major problem and not even the paint suffered any damage. Of course, both accident were reported to their insurance companies. All doors, panels, fenders, hood and tail gate still have the factory matching serial number stickers on them.
This vehicle has never been driven off-road and has always been pampered and taken great care of performing all maintenance services and repairs as needed. All work has always been done by me at my repair facility I owned in Norther Virginia. I was a Certified Master Automotive Technician with over 37-years of experience.
Now that I'm trying to sell my vehicle I learned that Carfax is reporting it as having a salvage title issued by the state of NY. This has of course created a big concern and shock to me as I would never imagine this. I called the DMV of NY to get more info. on this matter, they said the vehicle had been issued a salvage title because the vehicle had been reported stolen and the police didn't find it for 21-days. The insurance company paid off the outstanding loan and declared it totaled. (You can verify this for yourself). For your own peace of mind, I recommend you have the vehicle inspected by a professional mechanic and/or body shop before you buy it.
This vehicle is complete stock and has the following OEM accessories:
-Roof Rack/Rear air Deflector/Running Boards/Stainless Exhaust System/Leather seating including the third seats. Only the driver's seat shows some wear, all the others are great. Power Sliding and Tilting Sun Roof (No leaks and works perfectly).Power Door Locks/Locks/Windows/Seats (The front seats, including the backrests, work in all positions except forwards and backwards. They are positioned all the way back). The original floor carpet is in great shape except for a small worn section in the middle of the rear seating. The Headliner is also in great shape and clean, no tears, rips or stains. All interior door panels are in excellent condition and look new.
The original Radio and Cassette Player work fine. The Power Radio Antenna works but the Mast has a small bend, a New Replacement Mast is included. The original Front and Rear Bumpers are in excellent condition as well as all bumper extension corners. The original Windshield is great, no cracks or chips and No Leaks. It has never been repaired and the same goes for the rest of all glass and all are original. There is absolutely no Rust anywhere under the vehicle, Frame, Floor Panels or components. The only evidence of rust is a small section of about one inch long right under the sliding rear glass on the left side. It has been repaired. The Paint is in very good condition except for some clear coating on the rear hatch showing a little fade.
A new cylinder head gasket and the radiator were replace a few years back. (Please remember that the vehicle is only driven about 3,500 per year, it is used as a second car).
These are the recent repairs and service:
All New radiator hoses and clamps/New heater hoses and clamps/New heater control valve/New Radiator Cap/New Coolant Reservoir/New Antifreeze/New Drive Belts/New front and rear differential pinion oil seals/New Front and rear windshield wiper blades/New Engine Oil and Filter/New Charcoal Canister/New Spar Plugs/New (4) Brand new Tires/New Air Conditioner Receiver Dryer/Evacuate A/C System and Recharge System.
Even doing all the work myself, I've spent over $1,500 in parts alone
The engine runs great and smooth. The Transmission shifts through all its gears as it should. The differentials are nice and quiet. The Transfer case operates fine.
All steering components are original and in great condition. The tire changing tool kit is complete, looks new and still in the original leather pouch. The jack is also in great shape and looks new. It comes with the original owner's manual. I've all documentation regarding the purchase of the vehicle as well as all paperwork related to the purchase of parts,etc. It comes from a non-smoking household. I've only been able to download five pictures (It seems that is all I'm allowed on this post, I have many pictures from all angles and from the engine compartment and chassis and others, if anyone can advised on how to download more that five I would really appreciated.
Asking price is $15,995
IMG_4749.jpg
IMG_4772.jpg
View attachment 2740275
IMG_4749.jpg
IMG_4772.jpg
View attachment 2740275

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4942.JPG

If the vehicle was actually totaled due to damage will I be recommending and encouraging you to have it inspected by a professional mechanic shop or body shop BEFORE you buy it?

If the vehicle was actually totaled due to damage will I be recommending and encouraging you to have it inspected by a professional mechanic shop or body shop BEFORE you buy it?
I’m not sure if that was directed to my question or not. But I did not ask about the wrecks. You said you were confused by the NY salvage status. You said that NY told you it had been stolen and paid off by the insurance company. You did not say whether you disagreed with that statement or whether it was, in fact, stolen. I am just trying to understand. I’m 2 hours from you and potentially interested.

Frankly yes, I was confused by the title's salvage status. I always thought a salvage title was given to vehicles that had been involved in an accident and the repair costs were higher that the vehicle's value. I just learned that the state of NY and other few norther states as well as Canada issue salvage titles to vehicles that have been reported stolen or vandalized. Since my vehicle does not have any signs of having been repaired do to a wreck, it reinforced my feelings of confusion.
Please feel free to come by and spend as much time checking it out, take it out for a drive and if you like what you see, take it down to a reputable auto repair shop or body shop to have it professionally inspected.
Thank you
Austin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom