Sahara vs. Bull-Guard ARB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in a fix on which Bumber from ARB to get. The Sahara or Bull-guard bumper, both with a winch. Anyone have any pro's or con's on either? :bounce:

C-dog, the Sahara bar is lighter, but depending on were you are may not provide the head lights with as much protection on some of those tighter (trees & crap) tracks.

yup. and the Sahara makes it a wee bit easier to get under the hood because it has no headlight guards, also make it easier to step on the bumper.

the normal bar looks tougher, the Sahara looks a bit classier.

sahara is also a good bit more money then the normal bar.

depending on the year of your 100 there is a 3rd ARB bar, kinda a combo of the 2.

BUSTED100 said:
C-dog, the Sahara bar is lighter, but depending on were you are may not provide the head lights with as much protection on some of those tighter (trees & crap) tracks.

How about a TJM T-15? Aluminum with a steel winch mounting plate.

Landpimp said:
depending on the year of your 100 there is a 3rd ARB bar, kinda a combo of the 2.

My favorite of the bunch:

Bullbar_landcruiser1.jpg

I agree, but it only fits I think 2002+

Ocelot said:
My favorite of the bunch:

Bullbar_landcruiser1.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'm going with the bull guard because I almost smoked a elk this morning. :)

C-dog said:
Thanks for the info. I'm going with the bull guard because I almost smoked a elk this morning. :)

Elk? did you say Elk ?...

This is exactly why I put a Bull-Bar on my 100.

1:00 AM, 17 degrees, in the middle of No-Where Utah, ... My buddy was right behind me in his brand new Tacoma, and as we rounded a curve, Something caught my eye...An Elk jumped out on the road JUST at my 100 passed by it..My friend was not as lucky

As you can see....His "Pre-Runner" bar didn`t help too much !

I`ve got to hand it to him, though...After the tow truck took off (with what was left of his truck) he hopped in my `cruiser and said " Well, lets go camping"!!

I think he still has flashbacks of that night...

Last edited:
The fur is awesome, somewhere a PETA person is having an attack! My neighbor just had a deer run into his car and it did 2000.00 worth of damage, it hit the front quarter panel and slid down the side. That picture really shows the potential for damage, not to mention most people would jerk the wheel and loose control.

Scott

Wow! That's quite a pix.

Umm... yeah, I got mine for elk too. Yeah, yeah we have a lot of 'em around here.

There's a migrating herd in Central Park...

SINCITY100 said:
Elk? did you say Elk ?...

This is exactly why I put a Bull-Bar on my 100.

1:00 AM, 17 degrees, in the middle of No-Where Utah, ... My buddy was right behind me in his brand new Tacoma, and as we rounded a curve, Something caught my eye...An Elk jumped out on the road JUST at my 100 passed by it..My friend was not as lucky

As you can see....His "Pre-Runner" bar didn`t help too much !

I`ve got to hand it to him, though...After the tow truck took off (with what was left of his truck) he hopped in my `cruiser and said " Well, lets go camping"!!

I think he still has flashbacks of that night...

That incident didn't happen to occur between the entrance of the Needles district of Canyonlands and the main highway to the east north of Blanding, UT, did it? I almost plowed into a herd of deer/elk standing in the middle of the road, late Dec, cold outside (came around a bend at 70mph at dusk, no lights in their eyes or any warning). I couldn't stop in time, but did hit my horn, which started them and caused them to run in the direction I was travelling, buying me that critical extra distance to stop. After returning home first purchase I made was an ARB winchbar. No incidents since then (it's like, if you have an umbrella, it won't rain). Had a deer jump out in front of me midday in So. AZ last year, but I was going uphill and managed to stop. Wife said, "No need to stop. We have the bar!"

Jim_Chow said:
That incident didn't happen to occur between the entrance of the Needles district of Canyonlands and the main highway to the east north of Blanding, UT, did it? "

No Jim, It was on HWY 62 between Circleville and the Otter Creek Resevoir..

The road was VERY winding (and just as desolate)... We both had two-way radios and I only had time to yell "watch out" or something lame like that..and
He keyed up the mic just as he hit it..It was the most horrible sound I`ve ever heard , I can only imagine what it sounded like inside his cab..

Our destination was Capitol Reef ....I had to laugh, because the rest of the trip, he would keep saying under his breath (as we were 4 wheeling in my 100..) .."Gee, I wish I WAS DRIVING right now"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom