Sagniaw flare fitting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.employees.org
Sorry guys, too many questions...I'm trying to wrap up my project asap so get it in the garage out of the winter element..

Ok, the question: What are the type/size fittings for the early 70's saginaw power steering and pump, I can tell they're all flare ones. Basically, I need the fittings for the:

- Pressure port on the Saginaw steering box.
- Return port on the Saginaw steering box.
- Pressure port on the Saginaw pump.

Thanks in advance.

Btw, anyone know a shop around the Silicon Valley that custom makes hydrolic hoses please let me know.

/td

PS pump fittings

Mine was a regular inverted flare tubing in 3/8 on the pump. I went to a hose place and had the hose made to my specs, part steel and part hose. I just brought in a coat hanger pattern for the steel part of the line so they can make the bends. Mine cost $50 for everything custom made.

mike_az said:
Mine was a regular inverted flare tubing in 3/8 on the pump. I went to a hose place and had the hose made to my specs, part steel and part hose. I just brought in a coat hanger pattern for the steel part of the line so they can make the bends. Mine cost $50 for everything custom made.

Please post up contact information for this company!

Please post up a picture of this hose and tube combo that you had them make!

Thanks!!

-Steve

I adapted my Saginaw box to AN-6 and then had the local NAPA make a pair of hoses. Cost $50 for the pair of hoses; adapter fittings came with the truck. FYI: the "cool" AN braided stuff that Jegs/Summit sells is NOT suitable for Saginaw P/S. The hose will extrude through the braid over time if the fittings do not fail first.

HTH,
Nick

66fj40x2 said:
I trailered my rig to a local hydraulic hose shop and they custom built mine too. I had them built two, one for a spare and it seems it was about $75 for the pair.

That's pretty good deal, here in the silicon valley for $75 I would be lucky to get one hose custom made. The last time I tried to get a Sagnaw hose to Toyota pump, the most respected hydrolic shop here wanted almost $90 and off course they didn't have the metric fitting so they sent me home empty handed...

/td

Hi All:

Tien - I tried to "PM" you but your messege box is overfull! Clean out your 'box and "PM" me!

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

I was able to go to NAPA and get my hoses made, I used the coat hanger method and then they just sorted trough the trays of Parker fittings and put the right fittings on the right hoses to match a newer style pump to old style box. I would think you could get metric fittings without much problem - they may need to order them but they should be available.

I think I was out around $50 also - nothing fancy, 90* bend in steel line about 3" at the pump and same at the box - off the shelf items. Had my buddy put a permanent propane hose style stainless clamp on the return at the pump.

haystax said:
90* bend in steel line about 3" at the pump and same at the box - off the shelf items.

Are you describing the crimp-on fittings that they had on hand?

Poser said:
Are you describing the crimp-on fittings that they had on hand?

Yeah - straight out of one of the drawers. I just took the old hoses so we could make sure the flare and thread ptich were correct with the new pieces and they had everything in stock. Toyota metric lines may not be stocked at all stores but I would think they could get them. I've got a book I can look through and see if there is something - hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom