Saginaw PS High Pressure Hose Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the typical Saginaw power steering conversion. Saginaw steering box going to a Saginaw pump mounted on the front left of the engine using the first two head bolts for the bracket.

Anyways, for whatever reason I can remember the thread pitch and hose end sizes. I have a small leak that would be easily remedied with a new HP hose. A link to buy would be even better.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have o-ring or flare fittings?

Do you have o-ring or flare fittings?
It’s the actual hard line portion that I need. The hose is new. I don’t want to disconnect it until I have either made up new hard lines, or bought new lines. That’s why I’m looking for the thread pitch, type or flare etc. Ultimately I may just have to disassemble and then Re-burp the system.
9FB85735-9C51-4E87-977B-A32460B03EEC.jpeg

That hard line it literally the only part of the system I didn’t replace. The only part. Sometimes I’m a bit slow...

Looks line maybe a AN fitting at the union but you will have to pull the other side out with whatever you can ( looks rounded off good) and see it it is a flare or o-ring at the pump.

What is at the steering box?

The problem with custom hoses like that is they are hard to find at parts store. Someone made that.

It being rounded off is exactly why I didn’t pull it before. Lesson learned... I guess I’ll take a file to it and put two straight edges either side so I can get a wrench on it.

Get some tube, a hand bender and a flare tool, replace that size tube can be tuff to bend with the little hand benders, probably kinked where it is cause po had wrong size bender or no bender,

Could possibly be time to look at Ebay #254835100788 or 265014613201, just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom