Saginaw PS Bracket in factory Smog pump location -- who sells one in 2021? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, my hacked up Saginaw bracket (with obscene numbers of stacked washers...), meant for an FJ40 and sold by Mark's Offroad is definitely not quite right. My pulley has been slightly off-axis for years, and it's starting to make noise with the belt after 40,000 or so miles. The used pump, 8 years down the line, is also ready to get turned in towards a rebuilt one (because, for less than $100, that's absolutely worth me not having to learn how to rebuild a Sag pump while I'm as busy as I am living that PhD student life), and it feels ridiculous to bolt it to a crooked, ugly setup that barely gets the job done.

I'd like to just get something to replace it that bolts in and does the following:
- Retains position, acting as an idler for the belt that used to go over the original Smog pump
- Fits a standard saginaw pump
- No welding/fab, ideally, but I can drill some properly aligned holes now that I own a drill press.

What's out there, these days? Does anyone make what I need?

If you get lucky & find one, the Saginaw pump from a 1980s Volvo diesel drops into the AP bracket and uses a toyota adjuster arm.
DSC09445.JPG

DSC09446.JPG

DSC09452.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom