Saginaw Power Steering with O-ring Flare lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mattison-consulting.com
I am trying to figure out how to finish my power steering conversion without spending a bunch more money.

In short, when I got my cruiser it had the saginaw convertion "done"... (read: it was there... but had to be replaced.) After many and up an down I have it straightened out but, I need to put hoses on it from the pump to the box.

The box that I have is o-ring flare ... Yep. O-ring... So is the pump. I can replace them with something else but, it would cost a ton.

Does anyone know hose part numbers for o-ring flare hoses that can work? I have searched and searched and everyone uses a inverted flare hose. I really dont want to dump everything to finish.

Jack

I think the o-ring style hose is newer than the flare style hose. One choice is to visit a pick-n-pull and find a hose or two from a newer GM that'll work. For my conversion I bought Russel o-ring to AN adapter fittings and had some hydraulic hoses made for me at NAPA.

:cheers:

Nick

i have all the adapter fittings in stock. the way i set my steering hoses up is to install adapter fittings from whatever thread is in the ps box and ps pump to jic flare. then i run a 90deg female jic fitting on each end of the hose. i can send you all the parts along with a length of hose and one fitting crimped on. you would then need to trim the hose to the length required, push on the other 90deg female jic fitting, mark it and then have it crimped at your local hydraulic shop.
the hoses i use are for hydraulic setups and far exceed the requirements for ps hoses so they'll hold up a lot longer than the premade oem replacement stuff.
but they are a little more expensive........usually about $85 each with all the fittings.
hth
georg @ valley hybrids

If you go to you local hydrological shop they make a little brass ferrel this will allow you to us a flare type hose set up.i have one laying around i will try to find it and get a pic.

I was hopig someone had done this exact thing before.

Every conversion is different; you have to figure some of this stuff out for yourself... We can give you alternatives on how to get there but if you are looking for "go to the parts store and buy this PN" it ain't gonna happen. Too many variables for that.

:cheers:

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom