SOLD WI - Saginaw GM/Chevy Power Steering Box 3.25 turns - SCRAPPED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
I got this in a bulk FJ40 parts purchase and I don't need it. I have no history on it. Fitting ports have not been covered and they are dirty so assume it will need a good flush at least.

Just over 3 turns lock to lock.

Saginaw #5691676

$85 shipped

20210719_195729.jpg

20210719_195743.jpg

20210719_195756.jpg

20210719_195823.jpg

20210719_195833.jpg

20210719_195907.jpg

Last edited:
Drake, can you put a pair of vice grips on the input and determine how many turns it takes from lock to lock? If it’s 4+, I’m interested.

Drake, can you put a pair of vice grips on the input and determine how many turns it takes from lock to lock? If it’s 4+, I’m interested.
Will check this evening and report back here.

If it's 3.5 I might be interested

With the vise grip at 3 o'clock, it went just over 3 turns lock to lock.

3.25 is pretty standard. @Downey prefers that box over the 4.25. Maybe he’ll buy it. GLWS😊

Pm send

Mark, I received the hubs today. Have not opened the box yet, but thank you for coming thru with those Cutlass units. Been hunting them for a while now

Drake

Happy to oblige. After having done this for 35 years, my problem is I think I still have stuff I’ve long sold off. And I have stuff I can’t remember where it is from time to time. Right now my whole box of E-72 heater switches is missing. I think there are at least a dozen switches in that box.

OTOH, I just rounded up eight SD40 carbs. :grinpimp:

Drake

Happy to oblige. After having done this for 35 years, my problem is I think I still have stuff I’ve long sold off. And I have stuff I can’t remember where it is from time to time. Right now my whole box of E-72 heater switches is missing. I think there are at least a dozen switches in that box.

OTOH, I just rounded up eight SD40 carbs. :grinpimp:
My trick to find something I've lost is to purposely look for something else. Almost a guarantee you find the missing stuff 😅

Already have more than I want, but know that the 3.5 turn boxes give you the same power steering that the 4.25 boxes give, but without the highway mushiness, the 3.5 boxes have a better feel of the road, better ratio, especially when converted to dual stage.
I think you need one more 😀

Still available

Just tripped over this damn thing, again :mad:

up

Scrap on Monday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom