Saginaw Conv. Relay Rod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
missionsonwheels.org
Does anyone make a heavy duty relay rod to go fromt he pitman arm to the knuckle? I've looked at sleeving the one I have but that would still leave a weak link at the ends.I've got the JT Outfitters HD tie rod and am very pleased with it. I guess I'm looking for something like that but for the relay.

Ang suggestions? What are others running?

Thanks,
Mike

Not Heavy duty,

but I did insert 1/2" rod inside my relay rod, just short enough to clear the threads on both ends. I figured it would may it less prone to bend, and possibly help it hold it's shape if I had to straighten it sometime out in the boonies.

I also did the factory tie rod the same, but with 5/8" rod, and it made it a lot less prone to bending. I used to get 1-2 years out of a tie rod, and now I have several years on the one I added the internal rod to.

You could have a heavy wall DOM tubing tapped -

JK Customs did mine with FJ80 tie rod ends. This made the rod 1 1/8" OD.

HTH,

1 1-8 .120 wall 4130 cromo with threaded inserts
P1050356.JPG

i originally ran a stock tie rod that was cut in half, shortened, and welded back together using a head bolt with the head cut off as filler. worked great until i bent it just on the edge of the head bolt. then, had jack rice make me a real drag link using 80 ends to match my tie rod.

nuclearlemon said:
then, had jack rice make me a real drag link using 80 ends to match my tie rod.
Hey Ige, I just read that in Manny's toe-in post. That's what I'm after. What's the best way to get in touch with him?

Mike

66fj40x2 said:
Hey Ige, I just read that in Manny's toe-in post. That's what I'm after. What's the best way to get in touch with him?

Mike
on the boards, he's "medusa"

let me know if anyone replies to you question.

I am in the same boat.
My realy rod is bent over the tie rod.
I just bought the hd tie rod.

please feel free to reply to my e-mail.
valdezhome@earthlink.net.
I dont log on to this site very often.
thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom