Wanted Saginaw Box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcrusher909

Athlete/Race truck driver/Hobbyist
Threads
Going with the Saginaw Power steering converson on my 1973 FJ40 just thought I would check here before heading to the junk yard. I have most of the stuff just need the Box and pump Thanks.

I have a Carquest Reman in the box..........................

Scout or Scout II correct?

it doesnt have a pitman arm

:beer:

I just bought a '72 40 for parts and it had this saginaw box with it. I don't know anything about it, but if its what you need how about $40 shipped.
Box1.jpg

After 909 has found one...Im also in the market

The one in the picture is not the one you want, look at the bolt holes. No dice my friend

Sorry to kill a sale. But saving you grief down the road

that all depends. sure, the 4 bolt boxes are stronger than the 3 bolt models but what's more important is that you want the 4.25 turn box, not the 3.5
the tire seize and how the vehicle is used will make a big difference as to which box ( 3 or 4 bolt ) you want. if the rig is tock/semi-stock and still sprung under on 33s or less, then you can get away with the 3bolt box. anything bigger than that and i'd run he 4 bolt and nothing else.
steering geometry has more to do with it than the # of bolts holding the box on.
fwiw, i can get you a decent deal on a reman box if you want one rob. i have them in stock at all times. 4 bolt, 4.25 turn.

hth

georg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom