Sagging Headliner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John Staton

SILVER Star
Threads
Love my truck and enjoy working on it to a point. What I really like is driving it and taking it hunting. When I bought that truck 4+ years ago it had a fresh headliner installed and it looked pretty good. This first pic shows and it looked that good all the way to the rear until a couple months ago when the rear started sagging. I have researched changing it out and because this truck is not headed to bring a trailer any time soon I did not want to spend the time or the $1000 it would cost in parts and labor to get it replaced. Instead I ordered a $9 sewing kit from ebay with a curved needled. I matched the thread and looped it around the ribs in about 5 places across where it had become detached. I still have some work to do in the back where that method wont work and have come up with a more mechanical solution that I will try, but for my purposes this will do just fine until I am flush enough and dont have anything else on my list to fix.

This is the front that is still in good shape and has not become detached.
headliner front.jpg

This is the back before repair. Seems from above the backseat back the fabric sleeves for he ribs must of ripped or just became detached.
headliner backsag.jpg

This is the repair job...just tacked it using thread and a curved needle. Working on a mechanical solution....will post if successful.
headliner repair2.jpg
headliner repair1.jpg

Wow. That's unfortunate. But good you got it pinned back up for now. Do you know what vendor sold that headliner?

Wow. That's unfortunate. But good you got it pinned back up for now. Do you know what vendor sold that headliner?
No, it appeared to be a pretty new headliner when I purchased the truck with 150K miles on it. The main documentation that I got with the truck was the $13K worth of very recent receipts from Camel Back Toyota out of Arizona for an engine rebuild and other mechanical items. I think the guy was just in over his head on refurbishing the truck and was at a point where he needed to pay his dad back for $$ spent as I go the truck for less than the amount of recent receipts. The only thing I know about this headliner is that I want to make sure I dont buy the same one. Will be looking for any advice on what to go with next and I am 99% sure I will be taking it to a shop to get replaced.

Probably, but the bow seems to come off. You can watch this video and fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom