safety Work Boots/Shoes recommedations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the market for some new work boots/shoes.
looking for comp toe NOT steel I will have to go through a metal dectector each day
and it's a pain to take them off every time.

need to be somewhat light weight. and breath will be wearing
nylon bootie and rubber cover them (most of the time)
so heat usually become a problem. I will be standing on concrete or some sort of grating most of the day.(8-12) hrs.
My company pays $110 a year for allowance and i'm willing to kick in some of my own of course to have good shoes.

any ideas?
have Redwings but steel shank is a pain

I've always had good luck with georgia and Carolina boots but I'm not sure on the composite shank and toe though.

Last edited:
I have really hard feet to fit boots to as I wear some MONSTER orthotics. I now have three pairs of custom WESCO's and they are great and never wear out execpt for resoles (yet). I'll bet they can put a comp toe in for you if you ask real nice.

They will cost about three times your allowance but worth every penny if you need a custom boot.

West Coast Shoe Co.
800-326-2711 x207 (US and Canada only)
503-543-7114 x207 (Outside USA)

Openads

Blundstone Footwear mine are very comfortable and have been for years now.

edit: their website doesn't indicate that they still make the non-steel toe safety boots like mine. All steel now.

Last edited:
I have some weird to fit feet, and I actually like my Timberland Pro's I got at Tractor Supply. They are non steel toe, I'm not sure if they make comp toes. They're seeming to hold up after beating the crap out of them doing masonry on the side.
Another thought, if they are going to be covered with a bootie most of the time, you might want to look at some hiking boots. You can get some that would breath a heck of a lot better, and there are a lot more models to pick from. Don't forget to look at insoles, Sole brand and Superfeet are my favorites.

Explain what you are looking for and how you would use them more specifically. Do you need traction, thick soles, ankle support, waterproof, etc etc.

If you were looking for a lightweight boot you may check out the military desert type boots. I have not used them but sounds like they are built to be used in hot environments and breath more. Throw in a pair of superfeet or similar insoles and you'd have a comfortable and protective boot.

AG_AMB02_L_1.jpg

CSTAMM81

picked up some Timberland Pro (titan trekkers)
and Converse (tennis shoe looking things)
bought the Superfeet inserts last week

both are non metallic comp toe.
Ordered from Zappos.com (friend discount) and free s/h through them. both ways if they don't work out.

More back round

I work in the Nuclear Industry (inspections) and if you enter the plant you have to have on safety shoes. I am a supervisor on most tasks but can't help but get involved with the work when it gets going.
Hate to look lazy! or ask my crew to do something I'm not willing to do. Safety is huge in our job so we rig most of our euipment but have to carry some stuff at time up 75 lbs through some tight spaces.

I recently bought Red Wing 2235s:

Red Wing Shoes

They are composite toe and I spent about $140. I'm still getting a little blister on one ankle when I wear them for long periods - but hopefully that will resolve itself after they break in a bit more. No complaints other than that - they are real light weight for a safety shoe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom