Safety wire for front drums

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by OlympiaFJ60, Jul 10, 2003.

1. OlympiaFJ60

OlympiaFJ60

I am doing the front knuckles on a friends 73 FJ40. What is a good source for safety wire? I have tried all the parts stores and no one carries it.

Thanks,

Brandon

2. KNUCKLEDRAGGER

KNUCKLEDRAGGER

Try a offroad motorcycle shop..there is also a tool (like a plier) that spins the wire together.

3. Dan_J-spec_fj62

Dan_J-spec_fj62

or try your local airport most hard ware on acft are required to be safetywired... i belive snapon carries several different sizes. oh and the pliars are called "safety wire pliars" :p

oh and watch the ends on that stuff it's damn sharp... i have the scars to prove it.

Bang Bang likes this.
  4. OlympiaFJ60

OlympiaFJ60

Thanks, the motor cycle shop did the trick. Found some at summitracing too (pluss the pliers) but didn't want to wait for shipping. A good think to have on hand if you plan on working on the front knuckles/brakes of that early Land Cruiser.

Brandon

bmac1996acc likes this.
  5. dd113

dd113

I use some stuff from the depot called picture hanging wire. About a million feet for $3. All the wire does is keep the bolts from turning out. A dab of blue lok tite will do the same thing. As for the tool, I call it a vise grip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.