Safe boost for 1kz-te bone stock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes sold on. My Avatar is the vehicle.

Will it not suffer pre ignition/detonation when i t has too much boost?
This may have already been replied to, but no, a diesel cannot suffer from pre-ignition because the fuel is only injected at the required ignition time, unlike a petrol which has an air-fuel charge inducted

This may have already been replied to, but no, a diesel cannot suffer from pre-ignition because the fuel is only injected at the required ignition time, unlike a petrol which has an air-fuel charge inducted
What rpm range can i see the full boost?

What rpm range can i see the full boost?
As early as possible, but with a properly sized turbo on a diesel, I would want to see full boost by 2000 rpm, otherwise it's not much use

The full boost on mine comes at 2800 rpm. 10psi. At idle its negative 2. Is that ok?

Not having had a 1KZ, it might be normal for max boost at 2800 and I think they have a throttle body don't they so 2psi vacuum would be normal.

Personally I think that's far too late to make it drivable. I had max boost on my 1HDT (26 psi) by 2200, and 20 psi by 1800, I had to bring the fuel in a bit slower than I would have liked below 2k as the turbo was too close to surge for my liking.

my auto makes full boost at around 1300-1500 rpm, thats 20psi and will spike under full load at around 2500rpm to 22-23psi

pretty much as soon as i stomp on the pedal boost goes up faster than rpm

I dont get any negative vacuum on my gauge at idle

on a cold morning i sometimes see 24psi but thats usually with a trailer on under lots of load

you need to free up your exhaust flow I reckon

Not having had a 1KZ, it might be normal for max boost at 2800 and I think they have a throttle body don't they so 2psi vacuum would be normal.

Personally I think that's far too late to make it drivable. I had max boost on my 1HDT (26 psi) by 2200, and 20 psi by 1800, I had to bring the fuel in a bit slower than I would have liked below 2k as the turbo was too close to surge for my liking.
So if i have my boost controller installed i should be seeing 14psi at 2800 and holding it till rpm falls down bro?

my auto makes full boost at around 1300-1500 rpm, thats 20psi and will spike under full load at around 2500rpm to 22-23psi

pretty much as soon as i stomp on the pedal boost goes up faster than rpm

I dont get any negative vacuum on my gauge at idle

on a cold morning i sometimes see 24psi but thats usually with a trailer on under lots of load

you need to free up your exhaust flow I reckon
I havent uograded yet my exhaust. Will my engine suffer if i adjust the boost without istalling an uograded exhaust? And how should i adjust the boost controller bro? What boost and rpm readings should i see? Im sorry im really new to this stuff and i dont really wanna damage the engine coz its expensive to have it repaired here.

Your turbo dump pipe should be redone so you dont have the factory restriction. A 2.5" or 3" exhaust would help. But you can do that later, just play with your boost setting and see how is the performance.

My power came in at about 2200rpm.

Last edited:
I havent uograded yet my exhaust. Will my engine suffer if i adjust the boost without istalling an uograded exhaust? And how should i adjust the boost controller bro? What boost and rpm readings should i see? Im sorry im really new to this stuff and i dont really wanna damage the engine coz its expensive to have it repaired here.
if it was me i would do the exhaust as a definite, dont bother doing any boost changes till you do this, might go a little better with stock exhaust but will create a heap of heat
I dont use a boost controller, I just T off the wastegate line and bleed this off, I just restrict the feed to the wastegate with different size tubes for different boost levels, really simple but is easy to adjust- 4mm pipe gives me 22psi, 5mmpipe gives me 18psi,6mm pipe gives 15 psi, ill get a photo of my funny looking set up

if it was me i would do the exhaust as a definite, dont bother doing any boost changes till you do this, might go a little better with stock exhaust but will create a heap of heat
I dont use a boost controller, I just T off the wastegate line and bleed this off, I just restrict the feed to the wastegate with different size tubes for different boost levels, really simple but is easy to adjust- 4mm pipe gives me 22psi, 5mmpipe gives me 18psi,6mm pipe gives 15 psi, ill get a photo of my funny looking set up
Ok bro. Thanks for the tip. Keen on seeingvthe pictures

Your turbo dump pipe should be redone so you dont have the factory restriction. A 2.5" or 3" exhaust would help. But you can do that later, just play with your boost setting and see how is the performance.

My power came in at about 2200rpm.
What is the factory dump pipe size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom