Safari turbo kit for the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mot

Threads
Some of you may recall that I have purchased what seemed like the last Safari intercooled turbo kit from MAF a while ago. ;p

They've had it stored for me for almost two years and I was going to have them install it when my family and I moved back to the US.

Anyway, long story short, I have decided to part with it if anyone is interested since I'm not sure how soon I would be moving back to the US of A.

I did pay $4500 for the kit (new) and $1500 for the installation, as a package deal. They will NOT ship the kit and they insist(ed) on installing the kit at their shop.

So, IF anyone is willing to fork out $6,000US for the kit and installation, it's yours.

I know that they and Christo are coming out with their new kits in the near future as well. Although I don't have to sell the kit (at least yet) there might be some room for negotiation if you want to press your luck or there are no takers in a little while! :D

Anyway, let me know if anyone is interested.

You can contact Steve-O at MAF to verify any of this information.

Thanks!

Mot

Darn! I wish I had the $$ for this. :frown:

Guys, you are not gonna see another one again for sale in new uninstalled condition! Kinda like finding an old unissued Garand hidden in an attic.... Opportunity of a lifetime to get your rig to put all these other slugs to shame... :D

Damn, I wish I was alot better this year.....Santa will NOT be bringing this down my chimney

Could someome lend me $5987.31

Thanks guys for your interests/comments.

Just be patiend.
If no one is able to snag it at that price I may ask less for it fairly soon. ;)

Yours,

Mot :)

mot said:
Thanks guys for your interests/comments.

Just be patiend.
If no one is able to snag it at that price I may ask less for it fairly soon. ;)

Yours,

MOT, I'm guessing you aren't in sales :D?

semlin said:
MOT, I'm guessing you aren't in sales :D?

How could you have guessed? :D

But there is only one though. So think about the opportunity cost!!

:idea: Or buyer's remourse for not going after it while it was available at the higher cost. ;)

Anybody hiring? :D

Mot :grinpimp:

PM sent

Sent 0700 Mountain Standard Time

Check your messages. ;)

groucho said:
Sent 0700 Mountain Standard Time

ANYBODY ELSE with attractive offers? :D

Mot ;)

I'd be all over it like a fat kid on cake if I were anywere near them for installation.

SOLD!

Except "groucho" did not realize (and I failed to mention) that the kit as for '95-'97! :flipoff2: :doh:

So those of you who were sad when saw "SOLD!" above need to contact me and buy it from me! :grinpimp:

Mot, I tried to buy that kit at MAF literally a day or two after you snagged it. I of course then tried to buy it out from under you by being in MAF's facility and with credit card drawn. Al and staff stood tall and said to wait and they'd have one of their own shortly. Well here it is 2 years (or more?) and I sourced one from AUS, both MAF and Slee have one nearly finished and you are still in JAPAN! :grinpimp:

Seriously though, folks should realize that this is still the benchmark out there and well worth the $$$ if it is indeed what they are after. It may seem like a lot but believe me once you get into it, like most projects, it all adds up quickly. Also, this is one kit that is already completely CARB certified so having this on your truck in CA is no problem.

Ok, there's your bump...

clown,

So THAT'S who it was!!!
You sneaky bastid!!! :flipoff2:

And oh, thanks for the endorsement and the bump.

One free grab bar will be delivered to your door shortly. :rolleyes: ;) :frown:

Mot :crybaby:

Surprise nobody has taken you up on this. Would it be hard to adapt the kit to a 94?

Biff,

No idea how hard it would be, I imagine it would not be too simple, but what do I know? :princess:

Glad some of you guys care. ;)

AnnoymousUser said:
sooooo.... what is the price now..... hmmm...... :D

You've got a PM back, please check your box! ;)

Mot

I was seriously considering getting this for the wife's 80...then reason took over...

All I need is an excuse to drive fast again... :rolleyes:

Hey Doug!

I need to get in touch with MAF to see how they can/want to handle the payment process/transfer.

But so far no offer(s) at the asking price, but I'm not too worried just yet! ;p

You tell your wife that you need to get rid of your pink panties by installing the Safari kit to become manly again or tell her that she would look so cool emitting that "whoosh" sound as she passes other SUV's. :rolleyes:

Mot ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom