Safari Snorkel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a used snorkel off ebay. I am wondering if anyone who has installed one still has their template for cutting the fender.

I still need a template for the Luxor Safari Snorkel, if anyone has one I will pay for the postage.

Thanks

dude, Brian (blueCruiser84) and I just install his a couple weeks ago...we cut off the arm connected to the air cleaner and set it on the right side of the engine bay, freeing up somespace for the snorkel hose, then set my mig welder pretty low, welded it the best we could with such thin metal...and sealed the air cleaner with silicone. But the key to this project if youre using a mig...it has to be attached to a C02 tank so it doesnt weld right thru the metal.

hope it helps, if not, good luck, dude

Sean

Sean,

I'm not worried about the modification to the air cleaner housing. I just need the template to lay on the fender and a-pillar to cut the hole in the fender and drill the three srew holes in the pillar. Thanks for the info though.

If you can't get one then e-mail ARB or give em a call. I had to do the same thing, but honestly the template they sent me really didn't help that much. I don't know if the ones that come with the snorkel are all one peice, but the one they sent me was photocopied onto two pieces of paper and I had to guess where to line them up. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time with a file trying to make the bolts line up, so you might have better luck without the template that they send you.

For the holes on the A-pillar, I think I just put the tab on the snorkel and held it up there with the bolts in the fender holes (after getting the fender holes right), made sure the door opened and then traced the outline of the peice. Then I took the peice off, held it back up there, and marked the holes.

HTH
Brian

When I installed my snorkel I just put it in place over the fender, took a few measurements, made a mark with a metal marker and then drilled the hole, it turned out perfect, must have done something right. Does anyone know if you can get replacement parts for the snorkels without ordering a whole kit???

mikehj60,

you can get replacement top pieces from 4x4connection.com. They also sell a pre-cleaner for 65.00, that is what I put on mine.

I guess I will just wing it and hope it turns out well, I am trying to avoid turning a very easy install into a nightmare and end up butchering my sheetmetal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom