Safari Snorkel to a Weber - need to see photos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

desertdude

SILVER Star
Threads
looking for a few good ideas on air filter box, something to catch the rain water/condensation and the carb hook up.

any photos?

This may be a stupid question and I obviously have not done serious research into snorkel systems, but is there some type of filter media in any of these housings? I know the ads say the snorkel will be in clean air but I've been on alot of dry dusty fire-roads that there was no such thing as 'in clean air'. Just curious as to how this will keep dirt out of the carb and motor.

The ARB Safari Snorkel does not come with a filter. Clean air meaning it comes from near the top of the roof...
From what I am learning I need to go to a salvage yard and fine an air filter box, then I need a way to seal the top of the Weber carb to fit to a 3" hose, to the air filter box then to the Snorkel. Somewhere between the snorkel and the filter box, I need a way to drain any unwanted moisture due to rain or condensation. This is why I am looking for photo ideas. If I get something together this week I can post a few pics

Thanks Brian, The Pre cleaners are better priced there for sure. Nice looking air boxes there too.

So those pre cleaners sit on the top of the Snorkel? I would loose that Safari bling look :)

I have no dealings with them... yet.

Safari uses Donaldson inlet hoods and precleaners for their systems... the same precleaner you see there on the airflow page. Though they don't show the ram air hoody, I'm sure they could supply it at an unbeatable price!

Riker is another name in air intakes... also sold there on airflow.

Wow, looks like the RedlineWeber snorkel adapter is the way to go, plumb it to a remote airbox from the wrecker and your good to go.

The pre-filter canisters are pretty sweet, I had considered one on my snorkel after seeing how much dust & debris they capture after just a few days of wheeling. I just sent on to Wes (wesintl). Mabey he can chime in with some thoughts... :D

I know the precleaner on David's 62 catches a bunch of s***.

A lot of farm tractors run nothing but a centripetal precleaner like the safari one.

which side ?

73lndcrsr said:
After doing some research I decided to go this route:
http://www.tpi4x4.com/lcinp1_4.html

I've been wanting to go snorkle for some time.
On my 72 with weber I use the raised intake thingie to enable the use of
my stock aircleaner box which intakes on the driver's side. The remote cannister
type, hanging off the front of the engine.
All the snorkles I've seen are on the passenger side.
How does it connect to the aircleaner intake?
I note the link suggest simple hookup with the thingie attached.
I think the precleaner plus airbox filter might keep it clean. ;)

the pre cleaners spins the dust and dirt out of the air, since its heavier it collects in the clear plastic portion and can be dumped out after wheelin. they are on heavy equipment i run and they work very well. i dont have a before and after to compare but running in some pretty dusty situations all day everyday, the paper elements last a surprisingly long time.

as for an intake box, prolly the best would be to paruse the wrecking yards for later model intake systems. you will most likely have to do some custom fitting to the carb, but if you can get an adapter to make it round it shouldnt be a problem. one thought i had was to modify an old style oil bath intake but with a canister filter inside like K&N.

I have the Redline adapter being delivered tomorrow. I will head out to some local yard to see what I can find for an air filter box similar to the one on my 04 Tacoma. I will post photos when I get it all hooked up on Friday or Sat

I found this old post. Unfortunately links do not work any more.
Did anyone got any pictures of Safari Snorkel hook up to Weber?

desertdude said:
I have the Redline adapter being delivered tomorrow. I will head out to some local yard to see what I can find for an air filter box similar to the one on my 04 Tacoma. I will post photos when I get it all hooked up on Friday or Sat

Desertdude, I'm getting ready to install snorkel to a weber carb and would love to see a couple pictures of how you mounted the 2004 Tacoma box. I would appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom