Safari snorkel pieces (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up a used Safari snorkel that did not come with the alloy elbow or the expandable hose. The outer diameter of the lip on the snorkel itself is 3.25". I can't find an elbow anywhere that size. Does anyone have a suggestion? The space between the inner and outer fender walls is only about 4.5",.

Thanks,

Ara Dileepan

I called thema few months ago and they said they don't sell replacements parts, only entire kits. Shrug.

Interesting if that’s true. For the price of their snorkels I would expect some replacement part availability.

Is the elbow supposed to slide over the lip of the snorkel or does it go inside and the snorkel clamps to the elbow?

Regardless, there’s a lot of aluminum bends out there for turbo plumbing. Buy something undersize, like 3” and use a tubing expander to open it as needed. If you don’t have access to one, most garage that do exhaust work will have a tubing expander.

U used an accordion style hose I found at lowes if I am not mistaken. I am going to check it out and report. I also did not have the expandable hose either. I do have elbow though.

Yeah, I don't get why they can't. It's not that hard.

According to the instructions, I understand the elbow slides over the lip on the snorkel and is riveted in place (also don't understand why it couldn't ship from the factory like this). Also run silicone on the lip to make sure it seals. Then the expandable hose runs from that elbow to the airbox.

I think the expandable hose is likely easier to find, but the elbow has proved problematic. @FJACS, I'll check with an exhaust shop if they can expand some 3" tubing or elbow. I hadn't considered that.

That feels very on par with ARB

Well, this could be the case for snorkel safari but let's assume that ARB is able to supply an impressive amount of spare parts to support component replacement of several product lines offered.

I imagine we all have our little stories with ARB. I have always been very satisfied with their after sales service. I very easily obtained these parts without really complicating my life: sleeve for a 60 series spring eye, handle for my 37qt fridge and bushings for a 100 series shock.

Well, this could be the case for snorkel safari but let's assume that ARB is able to supply an impressive amount of spare parts to support component replacement of several product lines offered.

I imagine we all have our little stories with ARB. I have always been very satisfied with their after sales service. I very easily obtained these parts without really complicating my life: sleeve for a 60 series spring eye, handle for my 37qt fridge and bushings for a 100 series shock.

I emailed ARB ages ago and they replied that they didn't have the parts. More recently, I called ARB North America and they told me to go through a distributor. I did that and the distributor, a high volume place with a good reputation, was told by ARB that they only sell kits, not parts.

i assume that there’s really not a lot of these parts that need replacing so they don’t offer it. i’ve had other arb things like the roof attachment kit have the powder coat flake off in the first two months of owning it and they had a replacement on my door in a week. i’ve been happy with their customer service. too bad they don’t have the parts you need though

That makes sense, but I just wonder how much it affects they're business model to break up a couple of kits. They aren't limited commodities. Oh well. I'll post my result so that the next guy who's salvaging a snorkel from a total loss has an idea what to do.