Safari snorkel filter conversion kit.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for info on the alternate filter assembly, which mounts to the passenger side (engine bay) for the US 60 series Safari snorkel conversion. I've seen pics in the past but of course can no longer locate them or any info for that matter on here or MAF's site. I know I'm over looking it somewhere. Thanks.

Im not sure what you are talking about....but you can get the Aussie filter assembly for the snorkle...or cut and reweld the current one you are running. hope that helps...

I have been trying to do the same thing to try and "clean up" the engine bay and prepare for a snorkel. What I think would work is if you use an Fj62 air cleaner housing, it will bolt right up. The next issue I found was that you need to get to the carb. One of the thoughts I had was use an Australian 2f carb adapter (piece that physically bolts to the carb-elbow looking thing). The next issue I think I will have is getting all the vacuum and smog lines correct. Being in CA like you makes it difficult to do this without affecting emmissions stuff. That said, it may take some custom brazing/welding of tubes to add vacuum line fittings. That is where I am at. Send me an email and I will snap some shoots of the engine bay as it sits right now.

Mag, that's the system I'm looking for. Only problem I just realized is that which Fourrunner pointed out. That of all the misc. emission/smog lines that tie into the air filter system. I've got some fabrication to do it looks like.

Out of all the lines that run to/from the air filter assembly, I only had to modify one of them (all I did to it was cut it shorter). Just make sure you number each hose and its connection point before you take everything apart. I didn't do the welding myself, but once the welding was done, all I had to do was bolt it up and attach all the lines. PM me if you need anymore pics or info.

Michael

what's the diference between having the snorkel on the passenger side and the pilot side? .

other than better vision of the road.

FJ60_cruiser said:
what's the diference between having the snorkel on the passenger side and the pilot side? .

other than better vision of the road.

Safari only makes the snorkel to fit the passenger side becuase the australian 60s air cleaners are aimed towards the passenger side. US 60s have an air cleaner aimed towards driver side headlight. Therefore, the US 60s have to modify the air cleaner to be able to run the safari snorkel.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom