Safari Armax Snorkel, soon to be available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Safari Armax Snorkel, got one fitted up to my rig.
IMG_20200716_174149.jpg
IMG_20200717_081034.jpg
IMG_20200717_081041.jpg
IMG_20200717_081041.jpg

So what’s the difference between this one and the original? There’s only so many ways to revolutionize a snorkel

This sounds like a joke.

”These snorkels are all new designs, tested on a custom built flow bench, to flow 25% to 70% more air than the stock air cleaner housing flows from the vehicle manufacturer”....I sure would hope it provided more airflow being pointed straight ahead at the roof line as opposed to stuffed down into the wheel well

“This ensures that if the vehicle owner wishes to increase their vehicle’s engine performance (utilising Engine Management, Exhausts, upgraded Intercoolers etc.), the Safari ARMAX™ Snorkel will provide the necessary airflow required”...Besides exhaust systems (which do not require aftermarket intakes) no one does any of this on their 100 series.

I’m still trying to figure out how it’s any different than the original?

Not sure what you dont understand? You need to get out of the bubble you are in, a significant portion of 100s owners complete major engine mods. The market has been crying out for the higher flow model for a number of years now.

The Armax snorkel is overall bigger everywhere and changes how the air enters the airbox, it flows approximately 30 - 35% more than the non Armax snorkel. 4'' Ram head and 4'' outlet of snorkel body and 4'' inlet to airbox.

Myself I only have a 3'' exhaust, raised boost and bigger intercooler, this snorkel is not required at this level, many guys up upgrading their ECU's big injectors and turbos 25-40psi boost, they are the ones that need a big snorkel. Not everyone is a fan of the 4'' stainles snorkels.

The Armax snorkel is overall bigger everywhere and changes how the air enters the airbox, it flows approximately 30 - 35% more than the non Armax snorkel. 4'' Ram head and 4'' outlet of snorkel body and 4'' inlet to airbox.
I understand it may flow better and I suppose that’s a pretty good improvement, but just because it supplies more air does not mean your engine uses all of that air in an efficient manner. I’d be hesitant to say this provides any measurable performance gains over the original. Remember when people thought a cold air intake would give them +25hp?

Many guys up upgrading their ECU's big injectors and turbos 25-40psi boost, they are the ones that need a big snorkel. Not everyone is a fan of the 4'' stainles snorkels.
Sure if you’re pushing that kind of boost then it wouldn’t hurt to have this, but I seriously doubt it’ll be a significant performance upgrade over the original safari snorkel.

I understand it may flow better and I suppose that’s a pretty good improvement, but just because it supplies more air does not mean your engine uses all of that air in an efficient manner. I’d be hesitant to say this provides any measurable performance gains over the original. Remember when people thought a cold air intake would give them +25hp?

Sure if you’re pushing that kind of boost then it wouldn’t hurt to have this, but I seriously doubt it’ll be a significant performance upgrade over the original safari snorkel.

I don't know. It does have a bigger red bar on the graph.
CFPM.JPG

Is it compatible with Night View?
Did you not see the huge red bar? Not only is it compatible with Night View, but it enhances its performance. BTW, I do love the bar graph with no corresponding numbers. :p The graph was obviously created by some marketing person with a lot of understanding of most people's lack of understanding of statistics, being he/she left out the numbers and scale, and bigger is better. :rofl:

The only reason we don't get it is that none of us losers have turbo diesels.

Also that red bar is something to behold. Just look at how far past the other bars it goes!
I have a Turbo Diesel, and it's not as good as one might think (it is a money pit to be exact). I'd take the V8 over this anytime.

I have a Turbo Diesel, and it's not as good as one might think (it is a money pit to be exact). I'd take the V8 over this anytime.

My LX is already a money pit. Lemme see if I can stuff the V8 in my carry-on luggage, straight swap you :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom