Safari Armax snorkel available for 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like Safari has released their 100 series Armax snorkel. It says "RHD only" due to the location of our AMFM antenna. I rarely listen to the AMFM but want to have a solution that doesn't remove the antenna so much as relocate it. Does anyone have ideas of how to "relocate" the radio antenna so we can use this snorkel?

See here: Safari Snorkel for Toyota 100 Series Landcruiser

Air turbulence will make this less effective ....

Tornado

Looking to maximize airflow inbound. The regular snorkel restricts airflow due to size/diameter. I know so because I tried using the regular size Safari on my diesel powered 80 with hi-flow G-Turbo and high volume Moonlight air box. It literally chokes the airflow. I swapped my old Safari out with a 4" diameter and it was a major improvement. Gassers might not care much about airflow but diesels definitely do. The more air the better. Big time.

I have one of those ebay snorkel and have no issue with the MPG or acceleration.
That ARB is pretty big!

The 4" Armax makes performance sense only on the diesels as there you can push 250+ rwkw which needs a lot of air - 30+ psi turbos. The 2UZ even with a supercharger doesn't get anywhere near that.
Now, if you just want a fat snorkel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom