Events/Trails Saddletramp's 2019 Summer Adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought about trying it, what I read was the real difference was smell and oily feel of deet products. When I read the stories of Canada and Alaska mosquitoes 🦟 it was clear that there was a long history with deet. I may try picaridin on my Colorado trip in a few weeks.

The trail to the legendary Copper River on the Kenai.
6F8B98D5-739C-4A2E-BF71-6CCA019DF9B2.jpeg

People don’t fish, they net. Lots of people have drowned on the river and I can see why muddy, raging water and crappy access with tons of debris floating down. Whole trees, if they hit your boat or your het you are going for a very cold swim

My 6’3 son standing next to the small nets, all made of aluminum
80BD11B3-8928-4EC6-8063-F50D34D538E1.jpeg

Last edited:
Steve, welcome back and thank you for all the pictures (thanks medtro for posting them). Glad things went well and you guys made it home safely. Great write up with many details of what worked and what did not work. Look forward to hearing about the trip at our next meeting.

Sounds like you had an awesome trip. Glad everything went well. Was 49 days enough for you? Did you feel rush at any point? Do you recommend doing this trip solo? Also, did you have to worry about the bears with your fridge in your vehicle? I got plenty more questions but I probably should save them for the next meeting.

just read your trip report from beginning to end. So awesome to do that. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom