Sad Sight... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmmm what valve cover is that?

Upon further review its just a normal valve cover. It looked strange to me the other night for some reason

Last edited:
Huh, I didn't notice it until you said that. Now I'm curious. It looks like the oil filler neck is shorter and I can't tell if it says 2F since the Hub housing is covering it.

Yes it does Mark. My son @mcguirejohnson and I spent a day cleaning all the meat off that bone :).
B89292C5-DC70-4179-82C8-6C9266347878.jpeg

someone beat us to the knuckles and diffs though.

1611028881120.png
Notice the VIN number........ 3f - but NOT 3FE.
Maybe someone can check the VIN numbers for a 3Fe and see if the "e" is normally in the VIN?
But the number says 3f and there is definitely a carb on top of it.
This is not at all unusual here in Australia, but I thought the US only got the 2F and the 3Fe.
That would explain why the rocker cover looks different.

Edit: (Ignore me - I can't read a VIN - this is cleared up a bit lower, but I am not afraid to admit my mistakes.... sometimes!)

Last edited:
View attachment 2557897Notice the VIN number........ 3f - but NOT 3FE.
Maybe someone can check the VIN numbers for a 3Fe and see if the "e" is normally in the VIN?
But the number says 3f and there is definitely a carb on top of it.
This is not at all unusual here in Australia, but I thought the US only got the 2F and the 3Fe.
That would explain why the rocker cover looks different.
Not sure about the VIN, but 100% certain it’s a 2F as I now have this motor. This truck was at a local salvage yard in North Denver and they may have had a typo. It was a stock 87 FJ60.

Not sure about the VIN, but 100% certain it’s a 2F as I now have this motor. This truck was at a local salvage yard in North Denver and they may have had a typo. It was a stock 87 FJ60.
Well, I can tell you it doesn't look the same as my 3F motor with carby, but when I saw the "3F" in the VIN I assumed that maybe it was a different spec. Always hard with photos, but since you have the actual lump, you are the one who should know!
That is also why I asked if the 3Fe had the "e" in the VIN, but a typo on the part of the yard is the best explanation, especially in the US where the FJ62 was 3FE and the FJ60 2F, because the VIn also says "FJ60". Doesn't make sense.

Of course - I even noted myself that is said "both 3F and FJ60", but it only has one "f". That "F" denotes it as a petrol engine........ Silly me......

Opened Google search and this was one of the News/Blog topics. Thought it was worth a share.

Ha, I saw that on FB earlier today on one of the Cruiser groups (might've even been the Mud group now that I think of it).

Wait you needed a 2f?
No. But wanted the T-case and it was easier to pull the whole thing vs laying in the dirt under the not so stable set up. I pulled a t-case last summer at this same yard and it was pretty sketchy being under the truck.

Is this the big yard right off I-25 and the Dacono/Ft Lupton exit?

Is this the big yard right off I-25 and the Dacono/Ft Lupton exit?
Not sure of the exit but it’s the pick in pull on the north side of town. On the west side of 25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom