sad day now getting ready for pickup.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers

post ho
Threads
so the dead is done and the HJZ75 is heading for a new home.
part of the agreement was a change of colour, the agreed portion was all exterior surfaces to be painted freeborn red but i just can not do that so it is inside the doors jambs, rear inside tub, inside doors, both sides windsheild frame and rear frame, inside and outside roof, basicly the only parts not being paninted is the lower firewall and lower fender and the inside floor.
here are some pics of the work i got done yesterday:
rear cage, tent, boxes, propane system, tires in preparation of todays work...
soft top removed.jpg
boxes stripping.jpg
open back.jpg

cage gone, bumper and winch removed and the small tires installed for painting
cage gone.jpg
dinlky tires.jpg
pass side small tires.jpg

today's work,
removing the doors, top, back, windshield frame, spreaders, seats, hood, box, etc...
parts removed out for a test drive.jpg
rear shot stripped.jpg
side shot stripped.jpg

it feels just like the mine truck i have sitting here. unreal torque with the dinky tires on.
so on with painting it read, putting a set of 33" skinnies on, extra feul tank in the back with heated storage as well, a wabasco and it will be ready for pickup...
i only have till the end of the month so time is ticking...
cheers

Looks better with the skinnie tires on there. Sad to see it go, i'm sure! Hopefully we still get to see it around. Can't wait to see it with the new colour.
Cheers!

it is going to a rig guy (directional driler) so i have no doubt you will see a red HZJ75 sliding through sooner or later...

how much is something like that worth to do Wayne? Just an estimate if you can give one?

crushers said:
it is going to a rig guy (directional driler) so i have no doubt you will see a red HZJ75 sliding through sooner or later...

Cool Wayne! I'll keep an eye out for it. Finally, i won't be the only import on site.

Should look interesting! Be sure to post up pics...

gb

Time for an update Wayne........

Does that PZ have good torque?

Is that project shelfed for the meantime?

update on PZ,
the old girl is heading into the shop on the 6th of august to get the aluminum trayback built and installed. it will have fold down sides and rear gate and a headache rack. it might get posts and a full length single layer top that goes right over the cab.
sad to say it won't be making the 13th deadline.
i can not get it registered till the trayback is fitted so no reports on the performance BUT i did put a custom turbo on order. the turbo is rated for 175 HP and spec'd for this engine. a custom mount is being made as well as 3" SS exhaust is heading out the back side with a very quiet free flow muffler.
after it is registered and the initial test run performed then PI will be added. the max rpm is set by the factory at 4800 rpm so according to the turbo shop ths engine will be producing aprox 175 hp and with the propane injection added it should top out at about 225 hp...
of course i will be interested in what the et's are for the 0-100 test esp with 33" boot and 4.56 gears.
the truck will be sitting here untouched till the 6th since i need to get Paul's new baby painted and the mods completed.
cheers and thanks for asking...

I've been super busy and I only just got to this thread.
I am the proud new owner of the (infamous) HZJ75.
It will be used as my wok vehicle. I put on an average of 4500 kms per month. The truck will have to haul me and my work equipment around on a lot of highways, dirt roads, and the occasional goat trail. It will get to see some pretty diverse places. From northern BC to southern Sask.
The truck will be doing pretty much what it was designed to do. Which will make it very happy.
The cool thing is, it will be getting paid per km. It will be quite a treat for me to have one of my cruisers actually make me money. I am definately in Cruiser Heaven.
Wayne, thanks for putting the pics up so I could see it's progress. And thanks for getting it together so quick. I can't wait to see it in Freeborn Red.

Evening Paul,
the truck is stripped as you have seen and when Toyota rented the truck for their commercials they did quite a bit of damage to the box flares but the repairs are done to the box and it is primed ready for paint. tomorrow it will be getting the final primer spray and then it is on to the (remainder of) the cab.
we are hoping to have the box and cab bottom front fenders painted by monday.
then it is back to my garage for fitting the fuel cell and the custom storage box and propane bottle protective box. while i am doing that the rest of the body parts will be getting prepped and painted.
tomorrow i have to take the top down and get the custom winter flap made for the rear.
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom