For Sale Sacramento CA, White 1977 fj40 low original mileage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
White
I have reluctantly decided to sell my 1977 FJ40. I am the second owner, purchased from the original owner in 2019 out of Palm Springs, CA. Between storing the cruiser in his airplane hanger on his ranch in Arizona, and the dealership he purchased from in Indio, this has always been a California/Arizona vehicle. Heavily involved in 4wd clubs and hauling his grand kids around, the history alone sold me on this rig!

Since new ownership I have not done much with it, hence the reason for selling. Had big plans but just don’t have the time.

I put together a 4” lift consisting of standens spring packs from a HFS lift, I built rear shackles, anti-inversion front shackles,OME bushings, and new bilstein shocks. New 33x10.50x15 Toyo M/T’s, went through cooling system, gear reduction starter, and that is about it.

good:

original mileage on original drive train at 87,599 miles

Runs, drives, and stops. Trans shifts well, 4wd and tcase work awesome. Crawls up anything

original paint inside and out

all lights and signals work

good compression across all 6 cylinders

Some bad:

missing some smog equipment. Sourced out at one point from a IH8mud member and was looking at about 1000 bucks in parts. I registered in Oregon to get around Cali smog.

minimal rust but there is some rot in rear quarters and some surface rust on floor boards.

she runs but smokes, clears after a while

couple small screw holes in dash from 70/80’s era cup holders

wheels were put on immediately after original owner purchased, so not original but from 70’s era. Same with KC lights up front.

missing original jump seats, as he didn’t feel
Comfortable with grandkids riding in them.

small hole in fiberglass top that is filled with silicone. Appeared to had been cb mount maybe.

Needs headliner, seats recovered,etc. realistically she needs to be gone through but an excellent candidate for a restoration or keep as a survivor. Love driving her and hate to see it go.

consulted with a couple members and trying to price accordingly at $23,000 to start. Will accept a serious offer but will not be giving it away.

Pay it now or pay more in 5 years
Thank you for your interest

5450B4F9-192D-4999-A4A5-7A8F4F3A3B9D.jpeg

2D75C1C6-15BE-4D77-A624-29A28CE62C30.jpeg

C1C2A27F-52AE-49A0-9737-CB46FD48AD0D.jpeg

82E02C47-2B34-40D5-AA4B-1172D009024F.jpeg

What smog parts is it missing.

I have reluctantly decided to sell my 1977 FJ40. I am the second owner, purchased from the original owner in 2019 out of Palm Springs, CA. Between storing the cruiser in his airplane hanger on his ranch in Arizona, and the dealership he purchased from in Indio, this has always been a California/Arizona vehicle. Heavily involved in 4wd clubs and hauling his grand kids around, the history alone sold me on this rig!

Since new ownership I have not done much with it, hence the reason for selling. Had big plans but just don’t have the time.

I put together a 4” lift consisting of standens spring packs from a HFS lift, I built rear shackles, anti-inversion front shackles,OME bushings, and new bilstein shocks. New 33x10.50x15 Toyo M/T’s, went through cooling system, gear reduction starter, and that is about it.

good:

Runs, drives, and stops. Trans shifts well, 4wd and tcase work awesome. Crawls up anything

Some bad:

missing some smog equipment. Sourced out at one point from a IH8mud member and was looking at about 1000 bucks in parts. I registered in Oregon to get around Cali smog.

minimal rust but there is some rot in rear quarters and some surface rust on floor boards.

wheels were put on immediately after original owner purchased, so not original but from 70’s era. Same with KC lights up front.

small hole in fiberglass top that is filled with silicone. Appeared to had been cb mount maybe.

Needs headliner, seats recovered,etc. realistically she needs to be gone through but an excellent candidate for a restoration or keep as a survivor. Love driving her and hate to see it go.

consulted with a couple members and trying to price accordingly at $23,000 to start. Will accept a serious offer but will not be giving it away.

View attachment 2601694

View attachment 2601695

View attachment 2601696

View attachment 2601697

good:

Some bad:

View attachment 2601694

View attachment 2601695

View attachment 2601696

View attachment 2601697

Man thats a cool 40. Im actually starting to grow fond of a little chrome here and there, even on a 40. Id like to see that truck with the chrome 60 series wheels, just like it is. And ditch that rear bench. Otherwise, wouldn't change a thing!

good:

Some bad:

View attachment 2601694

View attachment 2601695

View attachment 2601696

View attachment 2601697
I would have wanted it for the dash placards from our now defunct Sareea al Jamel Club annual Fast Camel Cruise... R.I.P.

Curt

It's at a dealership of all things, I think that would break the OP's heart - he's a good guy!

And the dealership is dumber than a bag of hammers - Toyota Tires- :rofl: a "desirable under dash heater" Wow......and not "factory AC"

Shame

Last edited:
It's at a dealership of all things, I think that would break the OP's heart - he's a good guy!

And the dealership is dumber than a bag of hammers - Toyota Tires- :rofl: a "desirable under dash heater" Wow......and not "factory AC"

Shame
That is a shame!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom