For Sale Sacramento 1986 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
White
Outside Link
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/sacramento-1986-toyota-landcruiser-fj60/7107784774.html
Not mine and no affiliation, but if everything checks out it’s almost enough for me to get back in the market for 60...

————

1986 Toyota landcruiser fj60 208k miles on dash but engine has less than 50k rebuilt with paperwork. Has 40 gal.gas tank professionally installed and with a 5 speed upgraded manual transmission. All records of work and goes back when first owner had it.I just did the window tint couple weeks ago. Heavy duty roof rack. Pioneer audio system with amplifier and subwoofer. To much to list, clean inside and out. California car all it's time Clean title in hand under my name ready $13,000.00 thank you

89676CD7-37A3-4354-B3E7-D2718D453FC0.jpeg

One of these shops might be able to assist or refer you to someone. I see a few in the Sacramento general area. There's 21 pages to it so I recommend also doing a keyword search in that thread or a broader Forum search for Sac. I like the 5-speed option on that rig.

Thank you for this list, I’ll be reaching out to a few of them tomorrow. Much appreciated!

If he won’t be responsible for smog most like that means it won’t pass. I’m sure he will eventually budge on the price seeing it’s been for sale for a while. It doesn’t seem like an unreasonable price for what it’s worth

Totally, I’m hoping for a discount due to the smog gamble. Any idea why a rebuild with 50k wouldn’t pass smog? It has a distinct surge when running through the powerband between gears, almost seemed to be lacking power, not to forget the screeching from belts.

Might it be as simple as checking fuel filter and plugs ...followed by a carb rebuild? Or should I have my eyes out for something bigger?

Thanks!!

In my last 60 I had a surge that sounds similar to what you describe- it was corrected by resetting the timing back to factory spec. No idea if that’s the case here of course.

I’d do a compression test before buying, and I’d also check the roof drip edge real close for rust/paint over.

In my last 60 I had a surge that sounds similar to what you describe- it was corrected by resetting the timing back to factory spec. No idea if that’s the case here of course.

I’d do a compression test before buying, and I’d also check the roof drip edge real close for rust/paint over.

I appreciate second opinion on the surge, I’m all ears with an/all educated insight. Agreed, compression test is top of the list. Unfortunately drip rails are largely obstructed by the roof rack, I’ll give it a second look.

Thanks!

a surge could be many things. Timing, compression, smog equipment failure, loose belts...I’d suggest getting it to a mechanic if you’re not familiar with these cars. If he wants the 13k he should be willing to let a mechanic check it. If you are able to check yourself I’d check compression, timing, block test and inspect all smog equipment. Or you could just buy it and do that later. Most cars I bought I just drove them and bought it. Then again, I wasn’t spending 13K. Lol.

Update: Decided to pass this particular rig. He won’t take less than $10k. Yes, it has some nice features.. but don’t let the “bling bling” distract you from the basics. #inrustwecrust #lowpsi

Swooped on a different FJ w/4BTa.

Thanks to those who chimed in on this tread on my help post.

Update: Decided to pass this particular rig. He won’t take less than $10k. Yes, it has some nice features.. but don’t let the “bling bling” distract you from the basics. #inrustwecrust #lowpsi

Swooped on a different FJ w/4BTa.

Thanks to those who chimed in on this tread on my help post.
Bummer. Thanks for the update though!

I have two comments, lots of trucks look great online, you go in person and you find a turd. I'm always surprised how quick everyone is to say, that's a great deal when they've not seen it. This is a great example of that. I also can not stand a seller that, "won't be responsible for smog and seems somewhat resistant to bringing it to a local shop", its basically a **** you not my problem but it is and the law says it is. Unless he's, asking $5k none of that's acceptable and even then its not considerate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom