S/C running ethanol questions . . . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LOL thanks guys. I need to stop on down to West Hills so y'all can see my rig... I am my rig's nemesis. Anyway, this is interesting because I was about to drop $2k on some serious welding / mods to drop an IC into the rig. Now I'm rethinking this approach in favor of testing a dormer / meth combo. I say meth because I already bought and installed it. I put in a reservoir that is far too small for the job. There aren't enough of us SC'ers on Mud, so this input really is helpful. Thanks guys.

As a side note, super bummed with this season's low opportunities for Mudding on TLCA trips... :(

So, I'm probably 80% into the S/C install. Looks like I'll have to extend the TPS and IAC wires about 6" to comfortably reach the new throttle body location. Guess we all know that 'bolt on' never truly is that simple.

So, I'm probably 80% into the S/C install. Looks like I'll have to extend the TPS and IAC wires about 6" to comfortably reach the new throttle body location. Guess we all know that 'bolt on' never truly is that simple.

Yeah I was supposed to make a plug n play kit but my time/enthusiasm dwindled

So, it's almost time to tighten belts and fill the radiator but I still have a brass barbed fitting on the throttle body adaptor that I'm unsure of where to route a hose from.
Here's the diagram.
This fitting wasn't called out in the directions and on the diagram it's routed over to the factory plenum/intake runner by the EGR but there's no port there . . .all of my EGR equipment is removed and there wasn't a port that large there. Also, there wasn't hose supplied for this fitting ?

Anyone know exactly what this fitting is for and what/where it's supposed to be routed/hooked up to ?

I capped the port off and started it. Idle raced to 3k immediately and I shut it down. Guessing this port needs manifold vacuum and may control the bypass ? Any ideas where this is supposed to tie in ? Diagram shows the manifold but there's no mention of where or what in the directions.

Mine goes back over the valve cover and plugs into the purge valve for the vapor canister. If you look at engine from the driver's side, the valve is hidden behind the intake manifold. It can be seen between the #3 and 4 intake runners.

Can you get a pic of it please ? Just want to tie into the right point. That's the blue valve I believe.

I've also got the TPS reading 19% without the throttle depressed and it goes to 79% when I have it to the floor. I better check the FSM on those #s.

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG

Throttle should be less than 11%

Throttle should be less than 11%

Loosened the throttle cable and made sure the sensor was bottomed out on the stop. Now have a 10.5% reading there. Probably put it in a bind repositioning the throttle body.

Mine goes back over the valve cover and plugs into the purge valve for the vapor canister. If you look at engine from the driver's side, the valve is hidden behind the intake manifold. It can be seen between the #3 and 4 intake runners.

I'm going to tie in between the evap canister and the VCV under the manifold and I'll let you know if that works.

Here's a driver's side shot and one over the valve cover from front. Mine plugs into a T and then a check valve before it gets to the bigger VSV.

IMG_3502.JPG

IMG_3504.JPG

Here's a driver's side shot and one over the valve cover from front. Mine plugs into a T and then a check valve before it gets to the bigger VSV.

View attachment 1457382

View attachment 1457383

Sweet. Really apprecite the pics man. It's running good plugged in between the VCV and evap canister(blue valve) but I'll route it like you've shown and see how that works.

And that header wrap sure stunk when I fired it up ! I soaked it like was recommended to get it wrapped tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom