Ryco catch can (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

serenity

Threads
43E414F9-3A4D-4B4C-BFA7-3BF4E53E04E8.png

Just posting up what looks like a relatively new product to the market. It looks better designed than the provent with a better quality filter element.

What do you think @Dougal? Looks like they’ve built a better version of the provent.

I wasn't aware of issues with Provent 200, I installed mine a few months ago and its been working really well extracting oil out.

I wasn't aware of issues with Provent 200, I installed mine a few months ago and its been working really well extracting oil out.

The direction of flow on the provent causes the oil to be forced through the filter element to get to the sump of the can for collection. This give the oil a chance to re-enter the gas stream. Mine has removed heaps of oil, however it has also let a lot through. I hadn’t realised until I stripped apart my intercooler piping and found oil pooled in the bottom of my intercooler. I now have a modified provent but now I’ve found this I may look at upgrading.

This is the throttle body on my 65,000km old Hilux with a provent fitted since new.
333BEFAB-4D52-4AE2-96FB-A3A78E2E7FE8.jpeg

What is the modification you made? I’ve seen a few people mention it but unsure what’s done... is it just reversing the flow direction?

What is the modification you made? I’ve seen a few people mention it but unsure what’s done... is it just reversing the flow direction?
Dougal pioneered it as far as I know, I recently did a ghetto fab version with a Dremel and a zip tie. Basically it’s reversing the flow and removing/locking open the back flow valve so it will operate in reverse.
4621E50E-E3F1-4737-8E5B-61366B98B83A.jpeg
33FD66FD-3D6F-41EE-A5F5-AFEC7E46B0C1.jpeg

Another can that seems good to me is the flashlube one, have got one on the VDJ79.
Once again, similar to the provent but in reverse with entry on the side and exit at the top

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom