Builds Ryans 3 linked FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you considered harrops e-locker? I have ARBs f/r in my 200 and have dealt with an o-ring issue and cut air line. This time around I went harrops with my 80 build.
The blue line and o ring design of the ARB is crap, get the copper ferrules, compression nut to replace the o-ring, and go with SS hard lines, trouble free...

Againnnn... I’m a buy once cry once kind of person and I won’t even waste my time or money on less than what I want. I will wait till my house remodel is done to buy ARB’s front and rear.

That’s great! I highly recommend Eaton harrop e lockers front and rear. MUCH simpler and more reliable.

Although I haven’t really regretted having my lunch box. Cheap, effective and never have to worry about it, failures are basically non existent. Only down side is a little tough to make right turn on high traction trails.

Last edited:
For what its worth, arbs now ship with a whole different bulkhead fitting design that is much improved, still gotta worry a little about the copper line inside and of course the orings and collar. They also now ship with 6mm line and thats really close to 1/4” so its a lot thicker and stronger.

For what its worth, arbs now ship with a whole different bulkhead fitting design that is much improved, still gotta worry a little about the copper line inside and of course the orings and collar. They also now ship with 6mm line and thats really close to 1/4” so its a lot thicker and stronger.

Much improved, yes! Everyone I know who has or had ARB lockers all has the air hose pop out at the most inopportune time.

Also the mess of air hoses, wires, dedicated compressor and all the other things needed to get air locker to work is simply last century compared to the elegance of couple of 18G wires and OEM locker switch!

I’m not a huge ARB fanboy but its the only selectable locker option for my 14 bolt so...

With that said, I guess having to run electrical, air line, and a compressor is more complicated than an elocker but honestly none of it is terribly complicated. I have OBA with a large tank but I did opt to run a small dedicated compressor, thats controlled of a pressure switch with a switch on the dash to control that and the solenoid they provide. The solenoid admittedly is a weak point but I can bypass that in minutes. Then theres an airline to the axle and thats it. Everything else is mounted in the rear quarter panel. As long as the locker itself doesn’t s*** out, I can fix or bypass everything else easily and quickly. To me it made sense.

I’m not a huge ARB fanboy but its the only selectable locker option for my 14 bolt so...

With that said, I guess having to run electrical, air line, and a compressor is more complicated than an elocker but honestly none of it is terribly complicated. I have OBA with a large tank but I did opt to run a small dedicated compressor, thats controlled of a pressure switch with a switch on the dash to control that and the solenoid they provide. The solenoid admittedly is a weak point but I can bypass that in minutes. Then theres an airline to the axle and thats it. Everything else is mounted in the rear quarter panel. As long as the locker itself doesn’t s*** out, I can fix or bypass everything else easily and quickly. To me it made sense.

If it is your only option then it’s the best option!!

Some folks who run ARB air lockers chose lunchbox locker in the rear axle instead due to concern for failure and relative low down side. It actually makes a lot of sense.

Been there done that, spartan up front grizzly in the rear. Rear lunchbox on a 4wd is not the business. Maybe its a different feeling on an awd or a closer to stock rig but I hated my grizzly for its terrible terrible road manners and how finnicky it was. Off road — no complaints.

For sale. 18k obo

C97A5FD5-D93A-4DBA-A1A0-A48F6C4455B5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom