"Rusty Rockers" BJ74 Daily. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cool. Which lake?

Sometimes I hate being in Vic... cool places to go have gotten further away. I miss being able to have a choice of cool places to go explore on the way home. Somehow new subdivisions aren’t near as much fun.

Finally got around to removing the rear bumper and getting a few decently coats of enamel on the poor thing.

99C39B9A-D8E3-4D66-9E56-2C59B21F9AF8.jpeg

C9AD491F-F332-4DC2-8BBE-2F345A32A072.jpeg

F964E347-C2CA-499F-BD13-745CE4A62C98.jpeg

A75DC2E4-2208-4422-8A0A-C561DF7325A9.jpeg

Installed the amber signal lights into the bumper on an angle, adding a 2nd signal and removing the brake and reverse lights. Cruiserpilot encourages me to simply and I agreed!

19CA57C0-5E1A-4859-9512-BA49BEFA36A7.jpeg

again with the removing to paint.

It's almost like the internets mockery didn't stop you from being thorough and doing a nice job...:flipoff2:

Curious, what flavour of paint do you use on ýour steel bits? Rattle can or mix and spray? I haven't touched my gun since the last blast of moutard paint, so it's probably seized anyways.

Seapotato, I got a different enamel Fromm cloverdale for the bumpers as I could get semi-gloss (satin), whereas the Maintenance and Marine Enamel only comes in high gloss for black, and I wanted less glossy.

As for application, I literally bought a used Wagner 300watt Double Duty electric HVLP gun, thinned my oil based slightly and let ‘er rip. I may never use an air compressor style again tbh.

again with the removing to paint.

It's almost like the internets mockery didn't stop you from being thorough and doing a nice job...:flipoff2:

Curious, what flavour of paint do you use on ýour steel bits? Rattle can or mix and spray? I haven't touched my gun since the last blast of moutard paint, so it's probably seized anyways.

I’m using the same paint as PeeZed, but getting it made into aerosols from Cloverdale Paint. It’s getting
tinted as well. I’m doing my interior. It should be ready for pick up today.
Are you around your shop this morning? I need to peek under the hood of the 61, got a problem I need to sort out that seeing yours might help

I’m using the same paint as PeeZed, but getting it made into aerosols from Cloverdale Paint. It’s getting
tinted as well. I’m doing my interior. It should be ready for pick up today.
Are you around your shop this morning? I need to peek under the hood of the 61, got a problem I need to sort out that seeing yours might help
Yeah I'm around. Heading outside shortly.

Dog kept me up most of the night.

Should be fine if I snort a rail of coffee as long as it's instant right? :bang:

I’ll be over shortly 30 min - gotta brew a fresh cup for the road

Last edited:
Happened upon a couple of these Grote 24v LED's that replaced my lame Hella's that were basically backup headlight brightness.

I've ordered amber tinted film same as my pods for these so until then they will remain unplugged.

IMG_20190807_135358.jpg

MVIMG_20190807_141310.jpg

IMG_20190807_135411.jpg

Happened upon a couple of these Grote 24v LED's that replaced my lame Hella's that were basically backup headlight brightness.

I've ordered amber tinted film same as my pods for these so until then they will remain unplugged.

That amber tint, is that because of legality? I thought it was kosher if they were lower than the factory headlights, but haven't really looked into it.

I picked up some little leds to cut into the bumper on the 61, but hadn't thought about the tinting of them.

That amber tint, is that because of legality? I thought it was kosher if they were lower than the factory headlights, but haven't really looked into it.

I picked up some little leds to cut into the bumper on the 61, but hadn't thought about the tinting of them.

I figure because I'm close to the line with my headlights I don't want to draw attention and hope that if they're tinted they will seem less suspicious.
As well, I'm not a huge fan of super white light which many LED's put out so I'm hoping tinting them helps to relieve eye strain a bit too.

I figure because I'm close to the line with my headlights I don't want to draw attention and hope that if they're tinted they will seem less suspicious.
As well, I'm not a huge fan of super white light which many LED's put out so I'm hoping tinting them helps to relieve eye strain a bit too.
Yeah I could see that. I doubt mine are that bright that I got for the 61, but the meatplow on the green one has a lot of tabs for mounting lights.

Might have to scrounge something that'll leave Hiroshima style shadows burnt into people's seat covers.

Probably still not as bright as what the new cars seem to have, and seemingly get away with.

Yeah, definitely not as bright as Cruiserpilot's setup, but the price was right!

Those chrome 8” round halogens you gave me are now on the 60. The last set didn’t survive the
Dempster, direct hit! Ironic, as it was never dark enough for lights.
I have to say, you are one of the few who is aware of how bright the driving lights can be to oncoming traffic.
To be honest though, I don’t think those will hit the lower limits of the offensive.

Cruiserpilot...they offended me tonight when I looked directly at them ;)

PS: No, I do not have blue lights on my roof...weird camera magic thing. However...

IMG_20190809_214411.jpg

That does look much better for brightness. Do they have a horizontal cutoff or are they a full
Spot light?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom