Rusty executive decision!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rusty,
Have you been looking?:D

K

Is this an alternative lifestyle thread????????:hmm:
:)
ken

Wasnt there some mention of a possible line up change with the rigs?
IIRC, you got an OKAY from the wife to get a 60?
Actually, SHE suggested it.

Chicks DIG the 60's!:grinpimp:

K

:idea:
Now I understand.
Yeah we were looking on CL this weekend.
I found a nice one but it was in Dallas.

:idea:
Now I understand.
Yeah we were looking on CL this weekend.
I found a nice one but it was in Dallas.

Talk to Jereme. He has his friend's '84 2-owner sitting in his driveway. I looked at it today and decided I'm not really up for what it will take to make any 60 series into an overlander with trailer in tow.

BTW: Thanks Jack!!!

Talk to Jereme. He has his friend's '84 2-owner sitting in his driveway. I looked at it today and decided I'm not really up for what it will take to make any 60 series into an overlander with trailer in tow.

BTW: Thanks Jack!!!
email sent.

:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce:

Cant wait to see what you FIND!
Whats the budget youre looking at?

K

kind of depends on what goes and what stays and what we find.

So since most of this post has been cryptic, mind divulging what the heck is going on? You are starting to sound like me when it comes to vehicles.:D

So what's up?

Jack

So since most of this post has been cryptic, mind divulging what the heck is going on? You are starting to sound like me when it comes to vehicles.:D

So what's up?

Jack
Keith was over at the house trial fitting the half doors. :princess: mentioned that we really need something more like his 62 for some of the stuff we do.

Right now the fleet is:
Grand Marquise
Corolla
100 LC
40 LC

My thought was ditch the Mercury and the 100 and replace them with a 60 and a Camery or something. Now :princess: is having second thoughts about letting the 100 go. She really likes it, but she doesn't want to DD in it. I'm not attached to any of the rigs except the 40. I do know I could build one heck of a 60 series overland rig with the proceeds from the sale of the 100.

The only thing for sure is the 40 stays. I don't want to be like some people who sell their trail rig then have to start all over. :flipoff2:

Keith was over at the house trial fitting the half doors. :princess: mentioned that we really need something more like his 62 for some of the stuff we do.

Right now the fleet is:
Grand Marquise
Corolla
100 LC
40 LC

My thought was ditch the Mercury and the 100 and replace them with a 60 and a Camery or something. Now :princess: is having second thoughts about letting the 100 go. She really likes it, but she doesn't want to DD in it. I'm not attached to any of the rigs except the 40. I do know I could build one heck of a 60 series overland rig with the proceeds from the sale of the 100.

The only thing for sure is the 40 stays. I don't want to be like some people who sell their trail rig then have to start all over. :flipoff2:

Then, youre gonna have to "Spressomon" the 100 to be able to keep her from freaking out about the scratches and such on the bumpers et al.

Right now the fleet is:
Grand Marquise
Corolla
100 LC
40 LC

I see. Just remember any 60 series is going to be rough around the edges, especially compared to your 100.

Was that aimed at me???:flipoff2::hillbilly:

No I am pretty sure that was aimed at me.:eek:

Jack

Cool. Just remember that your wife, in the end, is not going to like the FJ60. FJ60s are more like a 40 with more room, than a 100 with less engine. She can drive mine and see what she thinks. I also have a stock FJ62 she can drive for comparison.

If you really want an "overland" truck, whatever that is, then you already own it. Or, if that's really your goal, get a later 80, since it's engine is adequate for long distance travel and it still goes well off-road and it's cheap, and well, it's nearly ideal.

There really isn't much overland left, but the 100 can do basically all of it, and you already own it, so just sayin....

What would be the mission of this new vehicle? Do you want to sell the Corolla?

Chris, it was a shot at Jack and his Drippy build but you should think about it before you chop your forty into a rock buggy. You can get a lot more use out of a trail rig than a specialized rig.

Sorry Jack, I've been razing you a lot lately. RE: Drippy, look at it this way somebody else(me) learned from your experience. :grinpimp:

Andy, good advice from you as usual. Like I said she is already having second thoughts about losing the 100. We would keep the Corolla, 30MPG and cheap insurance, it wouldn't make sense to sell it. We just wouldn't get enough money to make it worth while.

At this point it's all pretty much talk anyway. If Keith hadn't said something we wouldn't be discussing it. :mad::flipoff2:

Chris, it was a shot at Jack and his Drippy build but you should think about it before you chop your forty into a rock buggy. You can get a lot more use out of a trail rig than a specialized rig.

Yeah, I know, that is my dilemma!! Space is my killer, and moving them around. I have had a ton of trail rigs, love them to DEATH!! I have always wanted a buggy also.

Sorry Jack, I've been razing you a lot lately. RE: Drippy, look at it this way somebody else(me) learned from your experience. :grinpimp:

Andy, good advice from you as usual. Like I said she is already having second thoughts about losing the 100. We would keep the Corolla, 30MPG and cheap insurance, it wouldn't make sense to sell it. We just wouldn't get enough money to make it worth while.

At this point it's all pretty much talk anyway. If Keith hadn't said something we wouldn't be discussing it. :mad::flipoff2:

ARE YOU KIDDING!?
This is AWESOME and JUST what I had hoped for! Just look at the CAN O WORMS this opened!
This also takes some of the heat off of Jack and his serial buying and selling traits.:D

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom