Rusty 81 fj40 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dogfishlake

"Go on a living spree"
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I figured I would post here first for nearby cruiser people.

I picked up an 81 FJ40 this summer that was only a couple of miles from me. I really didn't have a plan for it other than possibly plowing my driveway with it. I still may do that but if anyone wants it for a parts rig, I would sell it for $2000.

Pros:
rare 79+ specific parts

Runs good with good compression

2f, 4 speed, and late 3.73 axles

Disc brakes

Rare power steering (does not have a pump on it, brackets, box, lines are there)

Original 81 front seats (passenger good, driver ripped up)

Cons:

As rusty as can get (pop riveted sheetmetal covering making it look better than it is)

Frame is rusted out in back, shackle mounts broke free

No rear roll bar or seats

Only useable metal would be windhield frame and maybe the bib, nothing else

I have a title for it but it is not in my name and it will sell that way as parts

She is a running, driving (barely) vehicle but to consider restoring would really be finding a solid incomplete truck and combining the two. Would be a sweet rig to "modernize" an older 40.

Shoot a pm if interested, thanks,

Patrick

20180613_182622.jpg
20180613_182634.jpg
20180613_182647.jpg
20180613_182722.jpg

you're missing a nut on the driver-side front wheel. That is dangerous!
:rofl:

Good luck with the sale. That is a lot of parts for only $2000!

you're missing a nut on the driver-side front wheel. That is dangerous!
:rofl:

Good luck with the sale. That is a lot of parts for only $2000!

Yikes! I better warn whoever buys it.:)

I agree, and if I could make free time, it would be a great part out vehicle. Unfortunately I have a 55 and a 60 that have to get parted out now so trying to not get too many dead cruisers around.

I am waiting on a "pretty sure I'll take it" buyer. Thanks @kbahus for the referral!

Speaking of stuff for sale, I wonder if we could have a sticky for items that our group is selling? I've got tons of stuff and a lot of it bigger so it makes sense to try to sell local. Good excuse for a brew meet up too!

Mods? Thanks.

A for sale section would be stellar, quite a few of the other regions have them.

It is refreshing to see a Cruiser with more rust than my own... ;)

It is refreshing to see a Cruiser with more rust than my own... ;)

Lots more.

Sounds like my "pretty sure I'll take it" is out, so it's up for grabs. I'll put it in the mud classifieds when I get a minute.

Gone baby gone. Cool mud member in KY took her. Hauled it to Louisville for him since I was headed for a diesel engine pick up in KY anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom