Rusted or not rusted? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Should I replace my rusted out tub or just spray bomb it with tan paint and patch the floors with diamand plate? If i got a new one I would cut the fenders and the rear. It would like to drive something I could park at work.

What is your opinions? Post pics if you got em.

Welcome to the board!

This really depends on how much time and money you want to spend.. Mine needed some patching when I first got it.. It is possible to do very nice clean repairs (even without welding) as long as the tub is still structurally sound. My frame was very straight and solid, so I went over the whole bottom of the car with POR-15 to try to stop future rust, then repaired and reinforeced areas that were somewhat rusted out. I did the front floors and rear deck, and also reinforced the Rollbar mounts. If you have the cash to shell out for a new tub, I would do it, but with a little bit of time, you could probably handle alot of the repairs and leave you with extra money to throw at the engine/drivtrain and suspension upgrades.. Good luck.

Mike

I would like to have a steel tub. I talked a little with the person from Pakistan or his contact here. It was around 1500 with shipping.

I wasn't aware there was a steel tub option from Pakistan. Can you post more info on your contact or PM me? I've seen the ones liquid offroad sells and others which all look like they come from the same place. But they are $3600 for a 3/4 tub + $500-600 for shipping. Was the $1500 price for 1/2 tub only?

Thx,

Andrew

yeah, that's a killer price on a full tub.

malphrus

The tub was a used full tub with firewall. I was told that it included shipping to US but I had to come get it in port. My brother talked with the person on Pirate 4x4 so I cant be specific. Sounded good to me also but a grand is a grand steel tub or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom