Rusted cooling 3f engine passages!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Previous ower ran engine with water only,and allow engine block to rust inside cooling passages.What can I do to correct this mess.Thanks everyone🤔
1987 fj60 toyota.😫

Radiator/cooling system flush found at any auto parts store.

no hac in rig,would like to put one in.

Assuming you mean you want to put in an HAC valve. Stock carb? Working secondary advance pot? Might want to check that it works before you try and add HAC. Below is a diagram I got from @4Cruisers when I was doing the same on my desmogged rig which may help you here. Helped me tremendously. My secondary was blown out so had to get a new advancer pot for the dizzy to make this work. Also check the Emissions manual in the resources section of this forum. I also used the desmog guide floating around here to line up the carb advancer ports with where they needed to go (attached). The below diagram assumes you have various bits still on the truck so YMMV using it. HTH:

untitled.png

Attachments

• How to Desmog an FJ60-2.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
That’s not bad really. I would just do a block flush, get a good funnel bleeding tool and make sure the thermostat works.

Oss she runs at around 210f on extreme mountains at high altitude,and no hac in rig,would like to put one in.
I have one good used dual diaphragm FJ60 advancer in my stash, after that it's just new advancers with no HAC provision.

Oss she runs at around 210f on extreme mountains at high altitude,and no hac in rig,would like to put one in.

what extreme mountains are in and around Miami?

I installed a low-miles rusty 2F engine and after a while, the rust flakes plugged the radiator (began to overheat on the freeway - that was my clue).

A new radiator and more flushing and all was well. My engine had sat in a shed with an open cooling system for 11 years and the inside of the block simply rusted as you would expect it to. But, all that rusty crap has to go somewhere, and that somewhere was the radiator.

I installed a low-miles rusty 2F engine and after a while, the rust flakes plugged the radiator (began to overheat on the freeway - that was my clue).

A new radiator and more flushing and all was well. My engine had sat in a shed with an open cooling system for 11 years and the inside of the block simply rusted as you would expect it to. But, all that rusty crap has to go somewhere, and that somewhere was the radiator.
Just goes to show what a great filter the radiator is. :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom