Rust removal tip

Have to plug something I’m trying. Heard about a product called evapo-rust so I figured I’d try it on a very rusted heat shield. A couple hours of soaking and you can see the result of where the liquid line was. Should be as good as new with a couple rotations in the solution. Extremely impressed.
No affiliation with the product, just hoping this helps you all out.

You can also wrap parts in a towel soaked in the solution then wrap those in a plastic cling to hold the moisture.

7E6F3FBB-DC2F-48F9-A825-DE0BB60F9032.jpeg

Shark56

SILVER Star
Yep. I wish I had this stuff 20 years ago!

middlecalf

SILVER Star
Somewhere around 8 gallons used on my rig resto.

Evap-O-Rust also works excellent in an ultrasonic cleaner, just beware of how much heat you're applying as it really catalyzes the formation of carbon on the surface. The cleaner you get the part before applying Evap-O-Rust, the better the outcome, as it doesn't degrease at all.

x2 on the carbon residue. Wipe it off as soon as the part comes out of solution. It'll wash off with rinse water then. A day later and it's like it was anodized.

Also, don't leave longer than about a day. That encourages both carbon and funky hair growth, and does nothing for the rust removal.

Oh, it's organic (I think it's hemp juice), so it'll deveop a nice green hair if left too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom