Rust in rear floor/wheel well (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I was starting to pull the old carpet to install new, and found rust. I had not been concerned because I did not have any rust in the front when I pulled the seats and carpet during my transmission swap. But this looks pretty bad to me. How hard is this going to be to replace? Anyone have any patches? Or know who to take it to in Atlanta?
Rest of the body is pretty solid. Have a bubble under the front fender, but other than that this FJ62 is fairly solid.
AE231BD6-F387-47B7-BACC-DCC009A92015.jpeg
3E3DFF9D-5C26-4ED6-B5F9-4D6A1B8B9188.jpeg

thanks.
Andrew

These pictures are after knocking away the weak parts. I am sure that there is a bit more that will need to be cut away.
Andrew

I would check all your fenders, and kill that bubble in the front before it rots away too. I would check the other side and pull off your side covers on the back and check down there too.
You can fab that pretty easy, and the beautiful part is that it doesn't have to look pretty. Do you have a buddy with a cheap tig? It doesn't take much of a tig to do this work. I use thin paperboard like you get with the brown bakery boxes to make the pattern, then cut your steel to match. Just make sure you get it all when you are in there, and make sure the steel is very clean. I use phosporic acid to clean the rust off mostly good stuff, but electrolysis is the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom