Rust: how bad? Opinions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4wdtoyotaowner.com
1-10, 10 being worst. Especially the rear frame shot.
76151059.pGEoUqJy.IMG_8952.jpg
76151063.k71L5l5Z.IMG_8956.jpg
76151065.7JAqds8e.IMG_8958.jpg

Not an northeast coast frame!

Mine looks MUCH worse, looks fine, sand and POR it. I agree, it's a 3.

Jay in NY

I'd say "truck on dude" don't sweat the small stuff. I' m pretty sure you got bigger fish to fry! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: and more:beer: :beer:

I'd say "truck on dude" don't sweat the small stuff. I' m pretty sure you got bigger fish to fry! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: and more:beer: :beer:

"Truck on" :beer: Love it!

Dave

isn't that how it came from the factory? Looks pretty good...maybe ask again in 10 years:shotts:

Hard to tell from the pics. I assume you are talking about the frame. From what I have seen most issues are to the inside box area of the middle frame area. If the outside has major rust the inside has more issues...

for about a hundred and 25 bucks you can get a sand blaster that will work just fine on tha stuff good looking rig cubb!!!!

:eek: if you call that rust then i'm introuble!!! my frame is alot worse then that! i'm no expert but i'm with the rest of these folks. if i was comparing it to mine i'd give yours a -2.

Rust-How bad?

Doesn't look that bad, except under the rear. Try this--Blast it(Black Beauty) Prime, then under coat. On the really bad stuff, try Ospho-- it's like POR. Turns the rust to inertness--Iron Phosphate. Then use Nox-Rust(Daubert, VCI)Use the 3100 stuff.

:cheers:
SGGOAT

Yeah, I should take a few pics of mine and show you some rust... We should have a competition of the nation's rustiest crusier...

Much rustier than mine, but it also hasn't been repaired with 1/4" plate. Not bad at all.

LOL, Houston, I think we have a concensus!

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom