For Sale Rust Free FJ62 in VA - engine problem (1 Viewer)

I'm thinking about selling my '88 FJ62. 233k miles, very stock.

The good:

. rust free truck I bought in TX four years ago
. stock except speakers and welded on side protecter bars
. new in last 10k miles: alternator, AC compressor, front calipers, fuel pump, master cylinder, tail light lenses, trailer wiring, tires, driveshaft, torque convertor, battery, throttle position cable to transmission.
. recently installed transmission from a wrecked 62 with 125k miles, and a trans cooler and temp gauge. Very smooth transmission, runs 125 degrees on the highway.

The bad: Engine quit suddenly with clanking noise a few days ago while driving along at 25 mph. Engine will turn over sometimes with starter, sometimes not. It could be anything from simple (hydraulic lock?) to terminal - broken rod. No holes in block, no leaking fluids.

Car has been daily driver for a few years.

This is a very clean rust free FJ62. The drivers seat even isn't torn on the side. Everything was working before the engine quit - AC, heater, radio, wipers, lights - it was all sorted out. This 62 is a little unusual in that it does not have power windows or power locks.

If you have a spare engine, or a rustbucket 62 with a good engine, or you are looking for a excellent baseline truck for a diesel or V8 conversion, this is the truck you are looking for. $3500 in Virginia, bring cash and a trailer.

If I come across a reasonably priced good engine, I may take just fix it and keep it. Anyone have one?

D'oh early 88! If you weren't so far away. This is exactly what I am seeking so that I can drop a diesel in. Good luck w/sale.

I'm bumping this because I found another project and need to move this one out. If you want a good straight, stock, rust free FJ62 with 2 transmissions and transfer cases, email me a srfox @ mac.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom