SOLD Rust Free CA 1989 Fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(255, 34, 0)
I originally posted my FJ62 for sale back in the fall. I had great response and met some fantastic folks here. Because of the many things life throws at us and winter quickly approaching, I decided to remove it from the forum and being for sale. Unfortunately, ih8mud does not have an option for removing ads… so I just let it fad away. Now that spring is here and I was able to have quite a bit of maintenance done, I am again putting this cruiser up for sale.

I purchased my FJ62 many years ago and it was my daily driver up until recently. I had always had in the back of my mind to do a LS/4L60 conversion. I enjoyed my Land Cruiser so much I purchased a FJ60 (also for sale) to drive while doing said conversion.

Then life decided to throw a wrench into my plans. I begin having some medical issues and with that came medical bills which postponed a lot of projects including my LS conversion. My situation is now being permanently confined to a power wheelchair. As attached to my Land Cruisers as I am, the reality is that I will never be able to drive or enjoy them the way I would like. So, I find myself selling them with hopes that the persons purchasing them will be as passionate and enthusiastic to be able to enjoy them as much as I have. My goal here is to present an accurate and honest representation of my Land Cruisers.

$25,500

Unfortunately and because of the abundance of spam, I will not reply to “is .… still available text. If interested, please “call” and leave a detailed message with your name and phone number along with a convenient time to call back.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post,

Dave
(209) 586-9042

This 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 is powered by a 4.0L 3F-E inline-six linked with a four-speed automatic transmission and a two-speed transfer case. This is a rust free original California car. It retains all of the OEM California smog emissions equipment. It also maintains it’s original paint of Freeborn Red over gray cloth upholstery and is equipped with original 15” chrome steel wheels with brand new 31"x10.5"x15" Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain tires, AM/FM CD Player with USB port stereo, Cobra 29 CB radio, K-40 CB antenna. PA speaker, front bucket seats, folding rear bench, center console, rear window defroster, power windows, power mirrors, power door locks, air conditioning, rear heater, optional large power side mirrors, and class III/IV trailer hitch. There is just under 236k miles.

This FJ62 has a clean California title in my name as well as a clean and current Carfax report.

A couple of details about the FJ62.
Air conditioning seems cool but certainly not cold. It’s got a few dings & dents, but nothing significant. The rear bumper has a slight twist on the passenger side. The front axle weeps a bit and could use new seals. Like most original Landcruisers of the era, the driver’s side seat cushion is bit worn.

Here is a list of some of the very recent maintenance items performed on this cruiser including brand new tires. It has been driven less than 1 mile since this maintenance has been performed (unless otherwise indicated).

Brand New Tires on Original Chrome rims. Goodyear Wrangler 31” x 10.5” x 15” (0-miles!)

New Battery

Adjust Valves

New Valve cover gasket

Transmission flush

Brake Fluid Bleed/Flush

Tune Up

Spark Plugs Wires

Cap & Rotor

Oil & Filter change with Mobil 1 Full Synthetic & Wix filter

Air Cleaner Wix

Lube knuckles

Differential(s) fluid change (Redline synthetic)

Transfer-case fluid change (Redline synthetic)

Coolant flush

Replace Windshield wiper blades front & rear

Chassis Lube

New Alternator (approx. 234,000)

New transfer case solenoids (approx. 234,000)

New Brake master cylinder (approx. 230,000)

Replace thermostat (appox. 226,000)

IMG_2861.JPG

IMG_2871.JPG

IMG_2876.JPG

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_5153.JPG

Last edited:
I originally posted my FJ62 for sale back in the fall. I had great response and met some fantastic folks here. Because of the many things life throws at us and winter quickly approaching, I decided to remove it from the forum and being for sale. Unfortunately, ih8mud does not have an option for removing ads… so I just let it fad away. Now that spring is here and I was able to have quite a bit of maintenance done, I am again putting this cruiser up for sale.

I purchased my FJ62 many years ago and it was my daily driver up until recently. I had always had in the back of my mind to do a LS/4L60 conversion. I enjoyed my Land Cruiser so much I purchased a FJ60 (also for sale) to drive while doing said conversion.

Then life decided to throw a wrench into my plans. I begin having some medical issues and with that came medical bills which postponed a lot of projects including my LS conversion. My situation is now being permanently confined to a power wheelchair. As attached to my Land Cruisers as I am, the reality is that I will never be able to drive or enjoy them the way I would like. So, I find myself selling them with hopes that the persons purchasing them will be as passionate and enthusiastic to be able to enjoy them as much as I have. My goal here is to present an accurate and honest representation of my Land Cruisers.

Unfortunately and because of the abundance of spam, I will not reply to “is .… still available. If interested, please “call” and leave a detailed message with your name and phone number along with a convenient time to call back.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post,

Dave

This 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 is powered by a 4.0L 3F-E inline-six linked with a four-speed automatic transmission and a two-speed transfer case. This is a rust free original California car. It retains all of the OEM California smog emissions equipment. It also maintains it’s original paint of Freeborn Red over gray cloth upholstery and is equipped with original 15” chrome steel wheels with brand new 31"x10.5"x15" Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain tires, AM/FM CD Player with USB port stereo, Cobra 29 CB radio, K-40 CB antenna. PA speaker, front bucket seats, folding rear bench, center console, rear window defroster, power windows, power mirrors, power door locks, air conditioning, rear heater, optional large power side mirrors, and class III/IV trailer hitch. There is just under 236k miles.

This FJ62 has a clean California title in my name as well as a clean and current Carfax report.

A couple of details about the FJ62.
Air conditioning seems cool but certainly not cold. It’s got a few dings & dents, but nothing significant. The rear bumper has a slight twist on the passenger side. The front axle weeps a bit and could use new seals. Like most original Landcruisers of the era, the driver’s side seat cushion is bit worn.

Here is a list of some of the very recent maintenance items performed on this cruiser including brand new tires. It has been driven less than 1 mile since this maintenance has been performed (unless otherwise indicated).

Brand New Tires on Original Chrome rims. Goodyear Wrangler 31” x 10.5” x 15” (0-miles!)

New Battery

Adjust Valves

New Valve cover gasket

Transmission flush

Brake Fluid Bleed/F

lush

Tune Up

Spark Plugs Wires

Cap & Rotor

Oil & Filter change with Mobil 1 Full Synthetic & Wix filter

Air Cleaner Wix

Lube knuckles

Differential(s) fluid change (Redline synthetic)

Transfer-case fluid change (Redline synthetic)

Coolant flush

Replace Windshield wiper blades front & rear

Chassis Lube

New Alternator (approx. 234,000)

New transfer case solenoids (approx. 234,000)

New Brake master cylinder (approx. 230,000)

Replace thermostat (appox. 226,000)

View attachment 3318900

View attachment 3318902

View attachment 3318903

View attachment 3318909

View attachment 3318911

Drip rail 2.JPG

Drip rail.jpg

Drip rail3.JPG

EMFQ7698.JPG

GNKP8755.JPG

I was lucky to be able to sell this to a fantastic gentleman (Tim) and his family who are looking forward to enjoying it together for years to come.

Being that he is a veteran, an active serviceman and on deployment, this took some time and a bit of logistics to work out. With some faith and patience, everything worked out and I had the pleasure of meeting and working with a great guy, his wife and the nicest of people. I’m happy to report, the LandCruiser is now at its new home in the Pacific Northwest.

Thank you for your dedicated and on going service.

Best regards to you and yours Tim,

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom