Rust Bullet on outer sheet metal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched a bit but can't find anything definitive on this. It seems rust bullet and por-15 get talked about a lot for frame rust coverage and other under body places. I was wondering about rust bullet for some rust touch up on the inner wheel well lips and a couple of spots on the rocker panels. My plan would be to top coat with the regular vehicle color. Any issue doing it this way - or issues with this product? I like the simple prep that is advertised.

Thanks,
Jim

Worked well

I did exactly as you described and it worked well. Make sure it is a DRY day with 0% chance of rain and low humidity. Apply then let dry for an hour and come back over it. Let dry for 24 hours and use paint. I didn't use a primer on my job.

Me too - so far so good.

I don't know for sure, but I think most if not all "rust neutralizers" use phosphoric acid as the active ingredient. It just comes with different names on the labels. I have used different ones at different times. They all act the same, they even smell the same.

Thanks!

I ordered the little starter kit to give it a try in the next few weeks.

Rust Bullet works well. As stated you must topcoat it if it's going to see any sun. Otherwise it will chaulk. Also make sure you do thin coats. A thick coat will cause small bubbles in the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom