rust around the base of my hardtop at corners (rounded backends) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone else experience this? I'm sure you have because it seems in the 76' models after in it just sits there with no outlet.

curious about any mods people might have made to alleviate that issue.
*plans - cut new piece of sheet metal weld on to fix immediate problem ; BUT ultimately I want to take care of it for good so im not running into the same problem later. (plan on doing the POR rust coat ; then paint so I suppose that should help drastically before repainting.

but has anyone got creative and drilled outlet holes throughout bottom portion of hardtop or anywhere else for the water to seep out on overflow?

also plan on replacing wweather stripping but it seems even with that the inside starts to rust from leakage or condensation .. not sure

any help suggestions are much appreciated.

My ‘76 has this as well, but mostly on the drivers side rear corner. Mine does have some home brew gasket material from a previous owner. I’m betting the original gasket was damaged or compromised at some point and that this would have accelerated the problem.

After fixing the rust in mine I drilled holes on the inside of the hard top sides and sprayed copious amounts of fluid film in there. Seems to be working.

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom