RUSSIAN 1996 80-Series.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I came across this on the net. Pretty interesting.
Note the "Jump Seats" , camoflage? interior and the MANUAL Tranny! :D

http://9355.avtoprice.ru/

G_7850_2519_15.jpg

G_7850_2524_62.jpg

G_7850_2527_51.jpg

G_7850_2522_92.jpg

G_7850_2525_78.jpg

more pics at the website address.

later,
joe m

What kind of model is this?? No airbags? 96 model?

It has a fridge, no leather, funny dashboard ???

How can you place pics of a dirty car inside and outside on a sales page ???

Be careful most of the russian or eastern LC's are stolen from Germany, France, etc. Most likely no papers.

Personally I don't like the third row seats and the design. Manual tranny, maybe.

Not very nice. :doh:

Mike

Who cares if it is dirty.?
I like the dirty rig's better than pretty ones anyways.. :D
All that matters is that it has a MANUAL TRANNY..that is BADASS!

I would buy it strictly for that non-US brush guard.
puke1.gif

Man, we all pine for different things here. I like the completely manual ventilation system. Want to hit recirc for the bozo who just pulled in front of you blowing smoke out the tailpipe? Bam - it's on. No waiting for the motor to respond to the switch on mine.

DougM

many landcruisers were special ordered by Russians for delivery at japanese ports and then "imported" privately into russia to avoid duties. Vladivostok is just a short hop from Japan. The specs could be for anywhere in the world, but probably not for russia.

Semlin,

most of the LC 80 in Russia were special ordered by the port of Germany (thefts). Nowadays it is very hard to find a good 80 in Germany because all were stolen for eastern europe. You can't pay for insurance anymore because the LC has highest stealing rate of all cars in Germany. Long live Russia :mad:

Mike

I have a 80 series Rusian brocure......so I'm guessing they were officaly sold there.

Of course TOY sold LC 80 there but who had the money. Only very few rich businessmen. And do you think that such a businessman would order the cruiser on the pics here in this thread. I doubt it.

Mike

[quote author=Asiarider link=board=2;threadid=7923;start=msg67791#msg67791 date=1069773496]
Of course TOY sold LC 80 there but who had the money. Only very few rich businessmen. And do you think that such a businessman would order the cruiser on the pics here in this thread. I doubt it.

Mike
[/quote]

my guess is the 80 pictured came from the middle east.......but just a guess.

Could be but seriously many LC 80 were stolen for the eastern markets after the fall of the wall and sold to the russian mafia.

I don't want a car like this. How many dead bodies were carried in it?????

Thanks.

Mike

I don't care if it is cheap :D

[quote author=IdahoDoug link=board=2;threadid=7923;start=msg67092#msg67092 date=1069653442]
Man, we all pine for different things here. I like the completely manual ventilation system. Want to hit recirc for the bozo who just pulled in front of you blowing smoke out the tailpipe? Bam - it's on. No waiting for the motor to respond to the switch on mine.

DougM
[/quote]

Ya mean like my 1992! Bam...it's on! :D

(Of course, the only reason someone in front of me is smoking me out is 'cuz I can't pass 'em with the 3FE... :-\ )

-H-

[quote author=Asiarider link=board=2;threadid=7923;start=msg67798#msg67798 date=1069774027]

Thanks.

Mike
[/quote]

...so Mike, I suppose you would never buy mine... ;)

-H-

I'm not disagreeing with you , I KNOW alot of stolen Cruisers(and everything else) ended up in Russia.

let not talk about bodies.... :D

John H

[quote author=Asiarider link=board=2;threadid=7923;start=msg67798#msg67798 date=1069774027]
Could be but seriously many LC 80 were stolen for the eastern markets after the fall of the wall and sold to the russian mafia.

Thanks.

Mike
[/quote]

...so Mike, I suppose you would never buy mine...

There is a difference between your work and the deeds of the Mafia :slap:

Mike

In the far east the Russians ship logs to japan from small ports and the freighters come back full of "duty free" japanese goodies. Landcruisers were a popular item in the 90's.

Y'all missed the best part! Where can I get me one of those emblem hood ornaments?? I'd have to watch where I park or some punk would probably swipe it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom