Runs fine in driveway - let’s me down two blocks from home. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Webster did you figure it out yet? I have a pretty good guess but need to see the engine bay first.

Haven’t had times to snap pictures. I did adjust my fuel pressure regulator as someone mentioned I was starving it for fuel. So far been running much better. But not 100% convinced yet. It is running rich and need to get that figured out as well. I’m sure my spark plugs are in great shape from running rich. Also severely in need of new exhaust. All those things privanky are t helping. Want to just replace with stock exhaust. And dump the CAT. Sure the CAT is likely shot anyways. Anyone sell a manifold back kit? Or a cheap test pipe. Nanette wa at like 209 for a piece of straight exhaust pipe with two flanges. I guess I can ask a local shop to bake me one.

Deleting the catalytic converter should be the very last thing on your to-do list when you've run out of anything left to do. Kinda like changing wheels.

I think it’s the Petronix / coil resistor , voltage issue?

And then the Webber second 😉

nope.

it was running fine a month ago, right?

well the Weber could be a clue..
since the regular air cleaner (that would prevent what I’m guessing) doesn’t fit on the Weber.

My guess, and it may be a stretch, the hood insulation is drooping into the carb inlet.

Deleting the catalytic converter should be the very last thing on your to-do list when you've run out of anything left to do. Kinda like changing wheels.
It’s unrelated, probably, but my exhaust is rusted out pretty bad and not CAT not plugged up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom