RunOTM: Saturday, June 27th Monticello Canyon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jstncse

Crawling over something
Threads
Let's get together and run the Canyon before it gets shut down.

It's a great trail with lots of camping opportunities in the area. I will be camping on the beach at Elephant Butte Friday and Saturday night with friends and family. You're welcome to join us for some fun in the sand and water.

We will start the run from Pat's in Elephant Butte about 9:00am. For those that want to make it a day trip it is about 2 hours from Albuquerque to Pat's. The run will take about 4-5 hours and is stock friendly with a nice area at the end of the canyon for lunch, so come on out.

Pat's 1006 New Mexico 195, Elephant Butte, NM 87935

Last edited:
I'm in ... if I'm not in Denver. I would drive down either late on Friday, or butt early Saturday.

Ahh, the power of the magic wand. Thanks and hope you can make it

Last edited:
Personally, I would rather be in Denver, but I don't think it will happen.:princess:

Life is complicated in June. Trying to make this, but won't know till probably Friday morning

I'm going down Thursday around noon with the camper and boat

Perhaps I can get there early enough to get in a dip and try out my new speedo.
vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-large.gif

smiley-sick016.gif

I'm going to leave crazy early on Saturday and meet you at Pat's. That will give me Friday after work to load up.

Hi, I'm Neville, a new member, joined the club today.

I just drove to Albuquerque from Oregon (1,800 miles), arrived here yesterday. I believe my LC is in reasonably good shape - it did handle towing another vehicle here in temps up to 111F.

Will be moving into a house in Sandia Heights over the next couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to this drive, and to meeting other club members for the first time. I'll aim to arrive at Pat's address before 9am on Saturday.

Welcome to the desert, looking forward to meeting you Neville.
Your 100 will be fine, this is pretty much just a trail ride with the most water crossings you will find in the state. Pack a lunch to enjoy at the end of the canyon.

I'm really liking how most new members are 100-series owners. Safety in numbers.

Wheeling

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom